1992 Buick Roadmaster Reviews - Page 11 of 11

1992 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 5.7 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2001
Previous carPlymouth Voyager

Summary:

Comfortable excitement

Engine pings going into overdrive.

The tape player does not work anymore.

General Comments:

Enjoy the comfortable ride and easy to reach controls. People say that the gauges are too small, but I feel they're right where they need to be and easy to read.

Even though it's not the LT-1 engine the 5.7 has enough power to turn the big rear tires into smoke. I can't imagine what the LT-1 would be like.

Review Date: 29th March, 2001

1992 Buick Roadmaster from North America

First year of ownership1996
Most recent year of ownership2001
Previous carMercury Marquis Brougham

Summary:

Attractive power with extraordinary comfort

New dash panel at 85,000 miles. Odometer, oil pressure gauge and several lights stopped working.

A recurring problem has been the rubber trim molding on the sides of the car. The trim continues to start falling off every year now. I haven't lost any trim parts yet but it is a nuisance and expensive to keep having the trim re-applied. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem? I have noticed most Roadmasters have the same problem.

General Comments:

I love this car. It is comfortable and powerful. It is a beautiful car and still looks like new.

Review Date: 12th March, 2001

29th Jun 2001, 22:39

I've been driving it for almost 4 years and still want to drive it forever...

I went to live in Saudi Arabia and took my 1992 RoadMaster with me. I love driving it.

4th Jun 2003, 08:24

My 92 Roadmaster had the same problem with the rubber strips coming off. I ended up taking them off completely, and it's not bad looking without them. You may even like it better!

17th Jul 2004, 05:56

Clean the molding strip and chrome strip. Then sand the back of the molding strip and chrome trim. Glue will not stick to a smooth surface . Worked great on my 95 Road master.

24th Nov 2004, 19:59

Try using Liquid Nails adhesive to put the rubber strips back on the car. It's inexpensive and works great.

1992 Buick Roadmaster Limited from North America

Engine and transmission

With 82,000 miles only an alternator has been replaced. Otherwise, absolutely reliable. I expect many more years from this car.

General Comments:

I'm very sorry the Roadmaster has been discontinued. I would love to have another one.

Review Date: 29th June, 1998

12th Feb 2001, 15:16

I have a 1992 Roadmaster Sedan. It had 42,000 miles when I bought it Sept 2000. It now has 55,500.

I have noticed that I get a ping when it transfers into the final overdrive gear.

I have replaced the plugs and distributor cap and rotor, not the wires yet, and it still does it.

Any recommendations?

29th Oct 2002, 20:16

The Roadmaster engines run their best with PREMIUM fuel. Spend the few extra cents, and enjoy the performance.

Buickman.