1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 3.1 from North America

Summary:

Quick and sporty for the younger crowd

My alternator died at about 167,000 miles, and also the sunroof seal is starting to go bad at 179,000 miles.

General Comments:

This is a pretty quick little car. It isn't a fast top speed car, but it does have quite a kick in its pick up.

Review Date: 24th July, 2001

3rd Sep 2002, 23:28

I have a '94 Mexican z-24 and I really love it. It's a fast, good looking car, and in some aspects, economic. in the mechanic way, I just had a li'l trouble with an electric window, at 100,000 miles.

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 3.1 from North America

Summary:

Runs hot, but worth it!

Replaced the alternator.

That's about it.

General Comments:

It's a good car, but runs really hot. It's pretty fast. Has a 16.0sec 1/4 mile. The transmission is really rough though and I don't like it. I changed to a 160 degree thermostat and a chip and now it seems to run right. Otherwise it runs at a 197 degrees and when it warms up it loses power a little.

If you want a car with some nuts, but aren't into racing, get it, but if you are into racing then I suggest you either get a 2000 Z24 or a 91 Eagle Talon TSI. Just don't buy a HONDA, everyone and their mother has one.

Review Date: 29th April, 2001

3rd Mar 2003, 20:15

I found that my Cavalier has a lot of power (when the car has been lightened). It is a 1991 3.1 5-spd and I can race it all day long and beat cars with the names of Mustang, Camaro and other muscle cars. I feel this car has a lot of hidden potential that you just have to find out for your self.

I ran a 13.21 on the 1/4 mile, and I was happy.

17th Jul 2014, 04:49

What mods do you have that make your car run 13's??? Seems like you would need a turbo or some heavy modifications to get it that low... I could be wrong, but let me know, I'm curious.

Thanks.

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 3.1L V6 from North America

Summary:

I still love it!

Heating and air conditioning completely shut off at about 170 000 km.

Driver power window brackets broke numerous times.

Replaced one engine mount at approx. 120 000 km.

General Comments:

I've driven this car so much in the last number of years, and I have to say I'm still very impressed!

I would buy another Cavalier Z24. Not one of those tiny new round things that Chevy nows calls Z24's, but the older boxy style! '91-'94!!

Review Date: 28th April, 2001

21st Jun 2002, 15:17

I would have to say I agree. I myself own a '91 and my parents own a a '98. I'm much more pleased with mine. Go second gen. ;}

15th Aug 2007, 18:51

I agree with everybody. I have a 91 Z24 5Spd and I love this car. I don't know what I would do without it.

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Euro 2.2 liter fuel injected from North America

Summary:

A great first car, worth every penny when taken care of

Well we think it was wrecked, it has a leak on the firewall and we had to pull the carpet.

Seats are starting to tear.

General Comments:

The car has had the suspension a little tweaked, but even before it was a great all around performer.

Review Date: 27th February, 2001

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 3.1L from North America

Summary:

Looks great, awesome to drive!

Wrong? Nothing major. Struts are going, replaced the battery, clicks sometimes when I go to start it but hey, it's 10 years old!

General Comments:

I love my car, the 3.1L is a very reliable engine. I find it really comfy, and they're pretty easy to fix. I just sold my baby and I'm saving for a '98 Cavalier Z24... I love these cars!

Review Date: 15th February, 2001

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2.0i 4 cylinder from North America

Good car. Sharp when it is shined up.

For how I have driven this thing, it runs unbelievably good. A few problems that could have been avoided if I had not dogged on it so hard.

No problems with transmission or the engine. It is not 4 wheel drive but the crap I drive through sometimes sure makes me feel like I am driving one.

She is a good car. Might keep her just to see what else I can put her through and to see just how long she will hold up.

Shmuck.

Review Date: 1st November, 2000

21st Oct 2004, 10:14

I just bought a cavalier RS, What might cause it to stall ad what might be some common problems with it?...What do you suggest I do with it to make run smooth and keep it that way? (snowboarder_skateboarder@msn.com)

Thanks.