2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS V6 from North America
Here is my review of the "Clown Car":
1. Trunk wouldn't open. Had to crawl through the back seat to open trunk. Dealer could not fix.
2. Trunk continues to leak water severely - 2-3 inches in trunk every time it rains. Dealer cannot fix.
3. Alarm periodically goes off on its own. Dealer cannot fix.
4. Trunk opens on its own (even if you can't open it). Dealer has no idea.
5. Various "warnings" on the computer - gas cap open (it is securely on).
6. Gas cap wore out eventually and caused computer to fail. Even with the new gas cap still getting gas cap error!!
7. Suspension needed repair at 45000 miles.
8. Brakes replaced twice in the past year. Total six times since owning car.
9. The radio sets the bass to HIGH for all stations every time you turn the radio on.
10. Emissons check - because of the replacement gas cap, the car has to go through FORTY drive cycles (turn on, warm up) before the computer will reset which poses a problem in NH for your yearly car inspection.
This is why American cars are considered junk. Not only are they faulty when you get them, but they cannot be repaired by the dealer.
Last American car we will own. We have had Chevy's along with Nissan's in the past. The Chevy's have been falling apart.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 23rd April, 2007
I am sure that the dealership could fix those things, if you paid them enough money via labor time. Brakes are pretty normal to be replaced twice a year on normal pads. I replaced both calipers this year and pads maybe once a year once I got some things fixed. Once the malibu's have all the problems fixed, they are nice cars.