2004 Chevrolet Malibu Reviews - Page 5 of 9

2004 Chevrolet Malibu MAXX LT 3.5 from North America

Previous carOldsmobile Cutlass

Summary:

Getting Better

Steering column

Warped front brake rotors.

Bad rattle in sun roof (Dealer had the car for a month and tried to give the car back with broken interior panels and they scratched the paint, interior was filthy with grease and dirt)

Fails to start sometimes.

Vanity Mirror lid broke.

Driving light indicator light quit.

General Comments:

PROS:

Good engine power.

Excellent gas mileage.

Room.

Long list of options.

CONS:

Cheap interior.

DEALER SERVICE!!!

Trans howls at low speed and has indecisive shifts.

DEALER SERVICE!!

Steering wanders and is tiring on a long trip (from constant corrections)

DEALER SERVICE!!

Headlights jiggle going over even small bumps in the road (looks cheap)

DEALER SERVICE!!

Front suspension rattles over bumps (I can hear it and feel it in the steering and floor)

DEALER SERVICE!!

Interior startng to rattle (sounds cheap)

DEALER SERVICE!!

Engine starting to idle rough.

DEALER SERVICE!!

Dealers are arrogant inept, and condescending!!!

Review Date: 11th June, 2006

23rd Jun 2006, 13:17

"I have been buying GM vehicles for over 40 years. Late 70's thru early 90's they were terrible. (as most American vehicles were) This one is better, but has a long way to go. I have bought several Japanese cars and they have been better all around. I want to buy American, but I will not support inferior products for the sake of patriotism..."

I gave up on that! I buy what I think it best, it's my money.

"Dealers are arrogant inept, and condescending!!!"

Yeah, just like Dodge. That's why I'm going Japanese.

2004 Chevrolet Malibu MAXX LS 3.5 from North America

Previous carOldsmobile Intrigue

Steering always wants to go left.

Seats get dirty easily.

General Comments:

Very nice and roomy for size.

Dealer service is poor.

Bought the car new and always had a left pull. Took back to purchasing dealer and they aired up the tires. Second time they aligned it. Still didn't fix it. Told them they needed to send someone to school to deal with the new electronic steering system. I took it to another dealer who spent some time looking at it instead of soaking up the warranty money from GM and they aligned the micro switches on the steering column. No problems since. Main reason I bought it was lots of space for rear seat passagers.

Review Date: 6th November, 2005

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 3.5L, V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.5L, V6 Automatic
Previous carMercury Sable

Summary:

I love this Malibu LS its like none other out there

The worst thing to go wrong with my Malibu LS is everyone wanting to ride and drive it. Every where I go people are checking out my ride instead of those that are trying to flaunted. The only draw back is the light colored seats, they tend to pick up any substance they come in contact with, but I have fun walking out to the drive to clean the seats. Club Soda if you blot and wipe with a light colored cloth the stains usually come out. Or you can use TUFF STUFF multipurpose cleaner for cloth interiors, it comes in a yellow can and its a foam substance and let it set in to the stains and wipe/blot, and the stains will come out. Not right then but by in the morning you'll get in and no more stains.

General Comments:

The Malibu LS rides like a dream, it's quiet, unless you don't get the tires rotated every 20,000 miles then you tires will make a thudding noise. But that is the only thing wrong with my Malibu LS. The gas mileage on it is 29 mpg city, and about 32mpg hi-way.

Review Date: 26th October, 2005