2004 Chevrolet Malibu Reviews - Page 7 of 9

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 200 bhp V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 200 bhp V6 Automatic
Previous carSuzuki Swift

Summary:

An ergonomic wonder with a European feel

No problems have shown, either mechanical or in the fit and finish area.

General Comments:

After searching for my ultimate commute vehicle, I chose the Malibu Maxx for its comfort and quiet ride.

The LT model comes with power seats and pedals (not to mention a steering wheel that not only adjusts up and down, but fore and aft!). It would be hard not to get a good driving position for just about anyone, regardless of their body dimensions. I am a six-footer and there is still more adjustment available even though I can fully stretch my legs.

The only option put on this vehicle was the XM Satellite radio. I would not get another vehicle without this option. It's worth every penny.

The rear hatch is electrically operated only. It tends to re-latch if you open or shut a door after operating the release.

Driving conservatively I can squeeze just over 30mpg on my 150 mile round-trip commute (which includes stop-go and 70mph+ speeds).

Review Date: 14th August, 2004

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 3.5 V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.5 V6 Automatic
Previous carBuick Skylark

Summary:

Nice car, no regrets here

When I took delivery of the car, it didn't come through with any knobs on the stereo. A minor gripe, but worth mentioning. Fortunately (For them), the dealer remedied the problem without any trouble before I drove off the lot. Other than that, everything has been good.

General Comments:

I am really impressed with my new Malibu. The V6 motor does good on gas, and has enough pep to move the mid size without any problem.

I ordered mine in silver green with a tan interior. It is a very nice color combinaion.

This is the LT model with all the bells & whistles, except for a sunroof. I have never had any luck with sunroofs.

They would leak after about 6 months on the last couple of cars I had.

The seats are leather with perforated suede inserts. very classy, and easy to maintain. The suede inserts make the seats more bearable to sit on when it's hot out.

The hot interior in the summer never happens though, as this car came with remote start as a factory item.

This is a very comfortable car that is easy to adapt to and drive. I am really pleased with the decision I made to buy this Malibu, and hope that it will work out that way in the long run, as well.

Review Date: 4th July, 2004

6th Jul 2004, 14:37

That's so funny, they forgot to put the knobs on the radio. Those workers should lay off the pot or something because that's plain stupidity and laziness. I have a Malibu Maxx LT and it was good, but let me just say that if workers are gonna be lazy like that, then they don't deserve to have a serious job like that.

11th Jun 2006, 14:30

Well hmmm lets see they could have just FORGOT to put the knobs on. Its nothing major. That would be no reason to lay somebory off because of a little mistake.

12th Jun 2006, 08:57

That's just plain silly for someone to say something like that about missing knobs. They could've went missing anywhere along the way from the factory to the dealer. Someone may have needed some knobs. Whatever the reason, it's certainly not worth getting panties in wad over.

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Standard 2.2 4 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 2.2 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

So far, so good

Not a thing. I haven't had any problems with the Malibu yet.

General Comments:

I traded in my 2003 Accord LX (It was very unreliable...yes, I said unreliable) on a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu in January of this year. I do not regret doing so, either. My Malibu has been a very reliable car with some thoughtful features and gets good gas mileage. It is the base model. It's not a speed demon with the 4 cylinder, but it is adequate for my needs. It will still get out of it's own way without a lot of trouble. I especially like my fold down front seat. I am remodeling a room in my house, & it's a great feature for hauling planks of wood, drywall, and anything else it can swallow. this car rides a lot better than my Accord did, as well. much smoother. Chevrolet gets 2 thumbs up from me for the new Malibu!

Review Date: 28th June, 2004

28th Jul 2004, 21:19

Why do you find it hard to believe that somebody had a Honda Accord that was unreliable? It's not impossible, you know. Check out some of the 2003 Accord reviews on this website. While they are reliable for the most part, not everybody has had good luck with a Honda. Your sarcastic comment is not funny, either. That crap about Honda owners being brainwashed lemmings is posted all over the place on this site. It is possible that someone can have an American car this day in age, and actually have good luck with it. By the way, I am not the original poster. Just someone that is tired of people that act like nothing or everything goes wrong with a car just because of it's name.