2000 Daewoo Lanos S 1.6 liter unleaded from North America

Summary:

I wouldn't buy this car unless you are poor as &%^$

Head gasket blew at 90,000 miles.

Radiator hose replaced also.

My battery is currently going out (needs a new battery).

General Comments:

The car is decent, and got it for cheap, but the resale value sucks, and no one wants this car.

Hard to find parts, since the company no longer exists.

Review Date: 6th October, 2010

2000 Daewoo Lanos 1.6 from North America

Summary:

Great car, but they're disappearing now

A/C compressor stopped working.

Normal wear and tear.

Finding parts: Not very easy.

General Comments:

This is my first car, and I have owned it for 3 years almost.

I actually like this car a lot.

It's an economic on gas, good to drive, good looking, small car, and I've never had major problems with it. I've gone on 6 and 7 hour trips with no problems.

I take good care of it, so that's probably why it hasn't given me many problems.

I would actually keep this car forever... but finding parts is becoming a little more difficult each time. They're still around, but these cars are disappearing.. So eventually the parts won't be available here in the U.S.

Review Date: 3rd October, 2010

4th Oct 2010, 18:01

Just go here: www.daewoous.com

And no more complaining about not finding parts.

2000 Daewoo Lanos SE 1.3 petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Fun + reliable in a cheap package

I stuck it in a wall while attempting to handbrake turn into a parking spot.

This happened at 20 - 25 MPH and caused the following damage:

Control cable to headlights severed.

Front bumper damaged, front right wing destroyed. Right headlight destroyed.

Replacement parts less than €200. Engine never stopped running.

Other than that, the airbag has never worked, thankfully. The selector knob for the cabin heater broke, but was easily repaired with a bit of duct tape and some superglue.

General Comments:

This car is unbelievably reliable. I have never had a single days trouble that wasn't directly caused by me driving into something.

Small engine gives a lot versus similar cars - Polo - Fiesta - Clio - Civic - Corolla.

Biggish boot compared to same.

This car is immense fun on the slightest of wet days or on any form of gravel strewn corner.

You'd swear you were in a Skyline the way this thing slides around corners.

Slightly let down by its garish looks and awful silver paintwork.

Review Date: 8th March, 2010

2000 Daewoo Lanos from North America

Summary:

Good, except hard to get parts

I can't get my dash light to work. I have all new fuses, but it still doesn't work.

General Comments:

The car is good, pretty fast and good on gas, but it's soo hard to get parts for it.

Review Date: 15th September, 2009

2000 Daewoo Lanos Silver 4 door unknon from North America

Summary:

Great little car if you take care of it

The biggest problem I've had with this car is the tires, it seems as if I've had to replace them all several times. The right driver side rim has been replaced, I'm not sure if there is something was wrong with the first set of tires and rims.

General Comments:

The car has been very good to me, I am having some of the problems others have described, like the check engine light, the airbag and the camshaft sensor. The company did recall the camshaft sensors about two years after I got the car. Most of the other repairs have been minor, hoses, wires that became worn over time.

I've had my car for 9 years, and she has given me great service.

Review Date: 14th May, 2009

2000 Daewoo Lanos S from North America

Summary:

Great car, but only if you have all the right circumstances when you buy it

Engine was shaking and stalling whenever the car was at a stop. Spark plugs had to be replaced and wires, fluids were leaking onto them.

Oil has caused me nothing but grief; pan is leaking (sweating) and the oil almost always needs to be flushed out after each change.

Check engine light is on constantly.

Car still threatens to stall when in park or neutral/reverse.

Got into an accident in '06 and parts were near-impossible to find and VERY expensive.

General Comments:

The car is a wonderful starter car, and truth-be-told it got me where I needed to go. but the second it needs service the nightmare begins.

I love my car and it was a great start, but I paid probably triple in service than I did for the original car.

As long as you get it in good shape and keep up with maintenence, I don't see this car being a serious problem (I bought it in a private sale and was not told some of the problems that had occurred before with the car). Great on gas, good buy for students.

Review Date: 11th June, 2008