2000 Dodge Durango SLT 5.8 Magnum from North America

Summary:

The Durango brightens my day

The ball-joints have needed to be replaced twice.

Gas mileage is quite costly.

Headlights tend to become covered in winter snowy conditions.

A rattle sound has become annoying at 200 000km.

General Comments:

The Durango has an extremely fast acceleration and pickup at higher speeds.

The ergonomics of the front and middle seats are very comfortable and joyful.

Stereo has rich sound.

A blast to drive.

Performs alright on moderately rugged terrain.

Review Date: 18th November, 2007

2000 Dodge Durango LST 5.9L from North America

Summary:

Not worth the buck!

Transmission went out. Got repaired then 5 months later, the Output Speed Sensor and Governor Pressure Sensor went out. Time to get rid of it. Wish I would have sold it immediately after the transmission repair.

General Comments:

I got the top model offered at the time. SLT, 3.9L, V8 with leather interior, tow package, third roe seat, controls on steering wheel. The car handle great for my wife. A warning to all future Durango owners: get rid of it as soon as a major repair is completed.

Review Date: 20th January, 2007

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L from North America

Summary:

Best SUV on/off the road!

Excellent rig! all I do is add gas, have it serviced every 3k, plugs, a/t flushed and coolant replaced every 30k, drive belt at 50k, and I replaced the tires twice.

General Comments:

Prefect size for me needs, outstanding performance, good fuel economy (18highway loaded), I', a photographer and it cuts my traveling expenses almost by letting to rear seats down and sleeping in the back every other night while going from sight to sight... I cannot be more pleased!

Review Date: 31st December, 2006

2000 Dodge Durango from North America

Summary:

Not worth it

The Durango fit all of our needs and it looked nice. We had no problems in the beginning, only that quickly changed. The seats are tearing and fading.

The car over heats when its hot outside. The car over heats if we turn the air conditioner on in the back and front. We took the Durango in to be looked at and was told there is nothing they can find. We can't go through traffic without pulling over to allow the car to cool off.

The oil gets changed on a regular basis.

Now the motor light came on.

The battery cables need to be shifted to get the car started.

General Comments:

The car is very spacious and comfortable.

This car feels as if it is going to turn over very easy.

Review Date: 4th September, 2006

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 5.9 from North America

Summary:

Good car, Good value, Take care of it and it will take care of you!

The only problems I have had with this car is the back windshield wiper had to be replaced as it was loose.

I had to replace the thermostat housing at 65,000 miles because it got a crack in it, but only cost me $20.00. I installed myself.

The driver side second seat handle to bring the seat up does not work, but hasn't since I purchased it.

General Comments:

This is a very powerful SUV it has the 5.9 liter engine.

The third row seat it a little tight, but comes in handy.

Just normal wear and tear other than that, its stylish and has run very good thus far.

Review Date: 23rd May, 2006

2000 Dodge Durango RT 5.9 litre from North America

Summary:

Excellent tow vehicle

My biggest problem with this vehicle 2000 Durango RT. I finally got fixed after reading of another Durango owner with similar problems that wrote into a column that a well known Boston auto repair expert diagnosed. The problem was an annoying shifting of the vehicle ranging from 150-200 RPM between RPM ranges of 2,000-2200 RPM during normal acceleration. I had taken the Durango to several repair shops with no resolution until I followed the advice of the above named mechanic and changed the transmission modulator valve. It was a $20 item and easily installed on the outside of the transmission. Since then the annoying revolution changes has been eliminated. Other than the RT has to use a high quality grade of premuim fuel and is heavy on gas it is a fine SUV.

Review Date: 21st May, 2006

15th May 2007, 20:39

What did the annoying change sound like? Your best description, because I have a sound when going up hills or going from one gear to the next (it seems)

info@okwari.ca.