2001 Dodge Neon Reviews - Page 14 of 14

Year of manufacture2001
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 2.0 single cam Automatic
Previous carMazda Protege

Summary:

You can't do better for the price

Nothing.

General Comments:

My wife and I both have Neons. Mine is a 2000, 5-speed and no extras. It has run beautifully. I drive 130 miles a day in my commute and never have ever had a problem. 16,000 miles and going.

My wife's Neon is a 2001, automatic and A/C. No problems whatsoever, it has 28,000 miles on it. The head gaskets in the 2nd generation Neons, have proven much more reliable. So don't worry about them.

The 2002 neon has a 4 speed tranny, not sure on reliability, but the tranny is made by Mitsubishi. I feel Mitsubishi products are far inferior so we'll see. I hope that this helps.

Review Date: 19th January, 2002

2001 Dodge Neon Highline SE 2.0 from North America

Year of manufacture2001
Most recent year of ownership2001
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Good for me, but frightened by others' comments!

I just purchased my vehicle a few weeks ago. I commute 30 miles each way to and from work, 5 days per week, in bumper to bumper traffic. Although the gas mileage is low due to the slow traffic, I was able to open it up on the highway (trip to Mexico) and got 35 mpg as advertised. One problem, there is a pop/tick in the steering column! Anyone else hear this?

Am taking it to a service center this week to see about fixing it.

General Comments:

Handles well.

Good acceleration.

Good mpg on the highway.

Very comfortable and roomy for such a low price.

Review Date: 15th October, 2001

21st May 2003, 14:51

Hi,

I bought my 1998 Dodge Neon in 1999, in 2001 it began to leak oil and still doing so. The air conditioning is completely gone, needs a compressor. The horn just stopped working, thought it was the fuse, but the mechanic said the horn is gone. Now the steering column shakes-don't know why. Have had brakes replaced twice. Don't think I'll buy another Dodge of anything. Oh! I forgot, the brake lights would not cut off, even after the car was turned off, I would have to shake the brake pedal to cut them off.

Happy Driving!!