2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 off road 5.9 from North America

Summary:

Awsome

Nothing.

General Comments:

Truck looks better than any 4x4 on the road, bought it with brand new 305/70/17's on it and can't wait to go muddin with it!!

Review Date: 12th May, 2007

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 318 from North America

Summary:

This is a reliable vehicle

I was recently stranded with a transmission problem, in my 2001 Dodge 1500 318ci.I was traveling about 65 mph when my overdrive kicked out and would not go back. I continued until I was forced to slow because of traffic. After the tranny down shifted into first gear, it would only stay in first. The fluid checked fine, and the truck will shift into park, reverse and drive. I am not so sure this is a transmission problem. Should I start with a mechanic or a transmission shop?

General Comments:

This has been a great and trouble free vehicle for 146,000 miles.

Review Date: 16th December, 2006

18th Dec 2006, 19:07

Sounds like electrical. dodge rams are famous for tranny electrical issues.

25th Sep 2007, 13:04

Yeah sounds electrical. after 146000 miles its bound to get a bit confused with itself.

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup Off Road 4x4 Sport Quad Cab 5.9 V8 from North America

Summary:

Built more like a rock than Chevys are

Only thing that has gone wrong with the truck is the passenger side window sometimes tilts on the automatic window track, so I'll have to reach over and tilt it forward to make the window able to roll down.

General Comments:

Truck is as strong as an ox, and has plenty of power and get up and go. Even though from the factory she only had 245 hp, she can still beat in a race a 2002 quad cab z71. That's likely due to the off road rams of 2000 and 2001 having 4.10 gears compared to Chevys 3.73 they were using.

The cabin has tons of room and a wide center console.

The off road is the only way to go for a 4x4. With its 4.10 gears and LSD rear and extra ground clearance, it's the best 4x4 made in 2001 in my opinion. Not to mention the beefed up solid front axle.

The truck itself isn't that high tech, so I can work on it very easily. But then again, that causes it to be worse on fuel mileage, but also give more room to do performance mods without having any sensors needing to be replaced with high dollar aftermarket sensors.

Example: I can take the air filter housing off the truck and start it, whereas with a Chevy or Ford, you cannot due to having a mass air flow sensor in the way, which will not allow the truck to be started if the filter is removed.

Review Date: 13th August, 2006

4th Mar 2008, 18:48

Chevy's most common used rear end ratio was a 3:42. I'm not sure about Dodge. I know the 360 can't outrun the older style vortec 350 because I raced one with my extended cab and his was a straight cab. If you did race an 02, it had to be the 4.3 V6 because I know the new 5.3 is the quickest out of all light duty trucks, even with the higher gear ratio.

I don't want to dis on Dodge too much because I'm about to get one, but I have always been a man for Chevy, because I have owned all brands of the trucks, and my chevy has last the longest. They don't have the 200,000 mile club for nothing..

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 5.9 from North America

Summary:

Not good

Front brakes at 12k and 35k.

Front wheel bearings at 48k.

Water pump at 50k.

Cruise control sensor at 59k.

Differential at 60k.

Oh... 3 sets of tires including the original set.

General Comments:

I love my Dodge, but I'm in denial about the quality. I don't believe you should have these kinds of problems with only 60k miles in 6 years.

Review Date: 27th July, 2006

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup Quad Cab 5.2L V8 from North America

Summary:

Best 1/2 ton for the money

My Thermostat went out after 70000 miles.

My right rear drum brake cylinder developed a leak.

Both easy fixes.

General Comments:

This truck is a great work truck and can tow a load like an ox.

For a truck it handles very well.

Allen Samuels Dodge of Fort worth sold it to me for 7000 bucks and financing went smooth and easy. My payments are about 150 a month.

For the 10000 miles I've driven it It's been very reliable.

The minor problems that I have had have both been cheap and easy to fix.

I don't think I've ever driven a better truck except a dodge diesel. I get great mileage and love how it looks.

I don't think I'll trade this one in for my next truck. I'll keep it around.

Review Date: 19th September, 2005