1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 2.0 MPI turbo from North America

Summary:

LOVE DSM!

When I bought the car, it did not run. The motor had dropped a valve and shredded the block. Not the motor's fault, the idiot who rebuilt the head did not adjust the valves properly.

So I got the car cheap and bought another that had been wrecked. I pulled the needed parts off of that one, and sold it to a junk yard for what I paid for it. Free car!

So far I have replaced the front brake calipers and nothing more than routine maintenance.

General Comments:

The cars don't handle great at high speeds; could be better, but we're talking about a 91 here.

These cars are extremely quick. Some mods done to mine, but 90 percent stock. I have killed a couple Mustangs!

It is comfortable in the front. I would hate to ride in the back though.

I wanted to post this because I read one review that a guy wrote that totally bashed on the car. The fact that he said they were slow was wrong. It's called a LEMON. Besides he bought a car that was almost 20 years old. What did he expect?

But really, my car has been very reliable. I have never gone out to it for work, and had it not start. I drive it a least 80 miles a day, 5 days a week or more for the past 4 years. And let me tell you, I have beat the crap out it! LOL.

Review Date: 22nd April, 2009

16th Dec 2009, 20:42

I have owned my 91 Talon AWD turbo for 10 years now, it is the best car I have ever owned. Completely stock except for lambo doors and tinted windows. For all those who say these cars are junk, look at the people driving and maintaining them. I have never had any issues with the car, it has 235,000km, and I expect it to go 400,000 without any major problems. Don't drive the crap out of them, regular maintenance, and all is well.

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD turbo from North America

Cruise Control stopped working.

General Comments:

I bought this car almost two years ago from my brother with less than 25,000 original miles. He bought it from the original owner who lives in New York city and only put 20,000 miles on it in 11 years.

Car is in very good shape. White turbo package. Could use a pristine paint job, though it still looks good.

Runs great and handles pretty good for a 15 year old car. I read old reviews of this car and it got high marks for performance and handling, surpassing some pure sports cars of the day, so I read. Turbo lags a bit and by today's standards it isn't "fast", but it does have a bit of kick to it and is fun to drive.

Love the interior, hard to get in and out, but the cockpit puts you in a great driving position with all controls at your finger tips.

Still looks good in todays car world, a handsome design that has aged well. I get plenty of compliments on it.

With less than 40,000 miles on it I suspect I'll have this car for many years.

Review Date: 25th September, 2006

1991 Eagle Talon tsi 2.0 from North America

Summary:

These cars are the total package for 1991

I just bought this car with 85000km with a blown head gasket. I'am planning on replacing the gasket myself and was wondering if I need to replace the head bolts with new ones and also what else I should check for. I know that I need to check if the head is warped.

General Comments:

I've always liked these cars, but never could find one that was right for me.

Review Date: 27th August, 2006

1991 Eagle Talon Tsi Fwd 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo from North America

Summary:

Fast and fun, but not as a daily driver

When I bought the car, I had to replace the right wheel bearing and both cv axles.

First day I had it I replaced a heater core hose because it burst.

A thousand little creaks and rattles all over the car. 1G DSMs are known for this.

General Comments:

It's a very fast car and can turn heads, but that's all it can do. Definitely not to be used as a daily driver.

Sport cars should never be front wheel drive. There is extreme torque steer when the turbo kicks in. The AWD model remedies this problem however.

Review Date: 30th August, 2005