1991 Eagle Talon Base 2.0 Non turbo from North America

Summary:

If it is an automatic just say NO

Transmission (5 times) started right after I bought the car.

Spark plugs and wires (replaced out of habit they wern't bad yet)

Starter had to be rebuilt.

General Comments:

Fast car for a non-turbo. A ton faster than my civic. Has a serious transmission problem though (if you buy one and I hope you do, get an 5 speed stay away from the automatics).

I love my car when it is running. I drive my talon 100 miles a day to get to school and work and back home. It gives you a smooth comfortable ride and is realy fun to drive. Packs a nice punch for a 4 cylinder non-turbo with an automatic transmission.

Review Date: 20th June, 2004

4th Sep 2006, 21:29

I am buying a automatic one. Why shouldn't I? Please email me at ethane007@aol.com

1991 Eagle Talon TSi 16v DOCH turbo AWD from North America

Summary:

Extreeme Stock sports car!

When I first got the car the Alternator was shot, so I took it to the shop and they fixed it for me.

The rear window wiper shorted out at 131,000 - put a new motor in for that.

My spoiler is loose.

The rear hatch hydraulic holders are broken, so not the trunk dose not stay open by it's self.

General Comments:

It was love at first sight for me. I knew that this car was for me. I love this car, it gets up and goes really fast, handles like a Cougar (actually better) and it is quite enjoyable. It shifts silky smooth, the only gear I kind of have to force it into is reverse, but that is OK. It is the car of my dreams, it is the AWD model so it does really good in the winter. I love the power it has, I have to drive to work on this back road every day, and those old grandpa's can get annoying, so I just drop a gear or two, depending on how slop the oerson is going, the I stomp on the gas, the turbo kicks in and I am off. I don't think I would have made it around those cars with my LeBaron, even though that was a nice car too, it was gutless.

Review Date: 14th May, 2004

1991 Eagle Talon 2.0 DOHC from North America

Summary:

A sporty fun ride

Spark plugs needed replaced.

Air filter.

Oxygen sensor failing (car lags)

Starter failing/failed (replacing)

Transmission is touchy to shift, and takes a while to warm up.

Clutch is down to one-fourth of total pedal and needs replaced.

Power steering whined, but that's fixed with a lot of fluid X.X.

Air conditioning needs recharged.

Gas pedal very sloppy, and car does not accelerate very quickly like it should.

General Comments:

This car handles like a dream. Compared to my mom's '88 Honda, my talon is a dream come true. She came with a 10-speaker Sony Xplod system, and I enjoy driving old people crazy with the high bass. The seats are very comfortable, but the dash is a little high because I'm fairly short. The seats are very comfortable, despite the fact my car is on it's second engine, and I believe the seventh owner. I can't complain, though, because my Fiero died about 3 weeks after I got it. My talon was mistreated by its previous owner, and that's where many of the problems came from.

Review Date: 12th May, 2004

1991 Eagle Talon TSI, FWD 2.0L turbo from North America

Summary:

You gotta Drive this Car!

Alternator blew almost right away.

Gas lines leaked like crazy (due to a faulty repair job from before I owned it)

Hydraulic Tensioner died at it's current mileage. This caused the Timing to get thrown off, and my Valves collided with my Pistons. Killing the Engine.

General Comments:

I bought my Car last year. I did all the research I could on the Net and I knew I wanted a Talon. I drove 9 Hours to get it. Picked it up in Toronto, Ontario.

Even though it was 11 years old when I got it, it was in perfect shape. The exterior and interior were emmaculant!

Most of the problems I've had with my car are based on me not knowing the parts that were in it. If I had known that the Tensioner was the Original I would have replaced it before it died.

They can be a troublesome car to have, but that's only when they are neglected.

When the car is running properly I have no complaints what so ever. It handles like a dream, it's got the acceleration and top end that I like. The cockpit is so Driver Oriented that it feels like a part of your body.

All in all I'd say that if you have the time, the patience and the money to take care of one of the DSM cars, then go for it, you won't regret it at all!

Review Date: 5th August, 2003