1989 Ford Bronco II 2.9 from North America

Summary:

Fun to drive

When I bought it, I knew it had engine issues. I rebuilt the engine and found a cracked head. After fixing it, the Bronco runs like a new car. I really enjoy driving it.

General Comments:

Good visibility and comfortable. Nice short wheel base, making it easy to turn around. Very reliable.

Review Date: 10th June, 2015

1989 Ford Bronco II 4x4 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Great little economical SUV

Nothing, I just wanted to get into a SUV that is more tailored to my lifestyle of hiking, outdoors, camping, river fishing and hunting.

Kerwin Maude, Pitt Meadows, Canada

General Comments:

Great little SUV, but a little too lightweight. I took it up on a mountain road and a high gust of wind pushed it like a feather, and I then decided at that time to get a heavier vehicle and went to a Nissan Pathfinder 4x4, but I have no regrets with the Bronco 2.

Review Date: 27th February, 2014

1989 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer gas from North America

Summary:

Great!!!

Basically the only thing that went wrong with my Bronco II that was not due to age, was the clear coat started to come off.

I have now had to have the car repainted and a new transmission installed... other than that, nothing else has been needed.

Interior is great, and I just love my little Bronco II.

General Comments:

My Bronco II is like a good old friend... I have no plans to ever get rid of this car... love it, love it.

Review Date: 24th February, 2012

1989 Ford Bronco II XLT 2.9L V6 from North America

Summary:

I feel like I had this tuck for years, we have a relationship where she never lets me down

I had to replace the rear leaf springs and spring shackles as they rusted (WI).

Replaced the radiator, alternator, battery and brakes.

I did a lot to this truck as it is old and it's my fixer-upper; plugs, wires, gaskets, wheel bearings, ball joints. Again, high mileage and age contribute to this list.

General Comments:

While it is slow to respond on the highway, in the city and on the 4x4 trails, it dutifully moves along. The 5 speed has firm shifts and contribute to almost 25mpg. The red interior is great, and the panoramic windows in back are like a visit to the aquarium! Fun fun fun!

My motor is not the one produced that had all the head gasket issues. On the highway it keeps up, uses little gas, and off road it manages great, and because of the short wheel base and high center of gravity, I can go places many cannot.

Overall I love this truck!

Review Date: 4th November, 2010

1989 Ford Bronco II XLT 2.9 V6 E.FI from North America

Summary:

I swear by it!

Only three things have gone wrong:

1: The starter went ($70 for rebuild)

2: CV drive shaft ($150)

3: Shock absorber mount broke (unknown still broken)

General Comments:

This SUV has gotten me where I wanted to go VERY cheap. I bought the thing for 500 and put not even 250 into it; it runs strong and is very cheap to fix if anything does go wrong with it.

I'm not a mechanic myself. and even I could change the starter and drive shaft with my VERY BASIC tool set.

It's a great truck to own and I swear by it!!! Very large inside, plenty of room and very versatile. It does things even my Mom's newer SUV can't. The engine is actually pretty good on gas (overdrive does help though).

The Bronco II is a great truck.

Review Date: 23rd July, 2008

8th Mar 2009, 22:20

I totally agree with this owner, my 89 Bronco 2 is the best little SUV a person could ask for. I tow it behind my motor home, and when I get to where I go, it's a wonderful vehicle. Around town or in the woods, it is all the truck a person could ask for. Thank you Ford, you need to go back to the basics and build us a new version with the original concepts.

1989 Ford Bronco II V6 from North America

Summary:

My old dog really loved it

Had to replace the rear driveshaft.

Brakes were rusted out.

General Comments:

A really fun truck to drive in with great 4x4 ability.

Very comfortable and fairly roomy for it's size. The front passenger seat would flip up making it easy to enter and exit the backseat.

Lots of guts but it sucked gas like crazy. Couldn't afford to keep it.

Review Date: 3rd June, 2008