1995 Ford F150 Reviews - Page 2 of 9

Model year1995
First year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission 4.9 I6 Manual
Previous carVolvo 240

Summary:

The best pickup you can buy... full stop

I bought this truck about 10 months ago. Mind you, the truck was running and this stuff was done on weekends, whenever I had some extra cash kicking around:

Replaced:

Clutch.

Slave cylinder.

Front rotors/calipers/pads/bearings/ball joints.

Front coil springs and shocks.

Serpentine belt.

Starter.

Shackle on the left side.

Replaced stock (235/75/15) tires with 265/75/15s.

Still not working:

A/C.

4 ways.

General Comments:

What else can I say? This truck is an absolute TANK. The PO was using this rig to tow used cars from New England to New Jersey about twice a week. When I had gotten this thing, it already had 310k on it and purred like a kitten, but needed a whole bunch of stuff done 'at some point'.

Long story short, I have taken this thing on several road trips and it hasn't complained or left me on the side of the road. Before the bigger tires, I was getting about 16 city and 19 highway. After the upgrade, that got pushed up to about 17/21. The I6 provides a beastly amount of low-end torque, and the high-end starts creeping in at about 2750 RPM.

After the shackle was repaired, I was moving boulders around my property with absolutely no problem. I probably had the better part of 2200 lbs in there with no complaints. I personally have never towed with it, but wouldn't hesitate to do so.

Review Date: 5th September, 2012

1995 Ford F150 XLT 5.0 V8 from North America

First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 5.0 V8 Automatic
Previous carNissan Altima

Summary:

The best Ford F-150 truck produced

Fuel line and pump broke on the rear tank.

Passenger side window won't roll back up.

General Comments:

This is the toughest truck Ford has ever built. I have hit 4 deer and not a scratch on it. This truck survived a tornado and a storage unit dropping on it, with only minor scrapes, dents, and a broken windshield. No major damage; the dents are not even that big.

I have driven this truck over 20,000 miles in the past two years. All I have needed to get were a few oil changes and gas. Let me phrase that better; a lot of gas. I have driven this truck to many different states. Towing between 1k-9k worth of weight is no problem. The owner's manual says 5k max tow, but that's a lie. Like I said, 9k was a breeze.

I believe that the death of this truck is going to be rust. I abuse the dang thing, but it won't die.

After 170k miles, you would think there would be engine noise, transmission lock ups, or even A/C or heater problems. I have no engine noise or rattle, the transmission shifts like a breeze with no jerking, my heater will sweat you out on full blast, even in 10 degree weather, and my A/C cools down faster than my mother's 2012 Kia, and keeps me cool in temperatures of 115 degrees.

I would recommend it for anyone. It runs great, it's tough, is very reliable, and pulls like a 250 in a 150 body.

Review Date: 28th July, 2012

1995 Ford F150 XLT 4.9 fuel injected 6 cylinder from North America

Model year1995
First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 4.9 fuel injected 6 cylinder Automatic
Previous carDodge Caravan

Summary:

Built like a tank... Tows like a train, runs no matter what... A real Redneck Rolls

Heater core leaked. Needed replacement, but wasn't a problem till I could afford it.

Front tank fuel pump out when I got it (I haven't ever bothered replacing it.. gas is too high that I'd cry if I had to fill both tanks). I have no problem running out of the back tank.

Clutch master cylinder wore out 328,000 miles.

General Comments:

When the Doc grounded me for good from my Harley, my son in law (who got the Harley) gave me this truck to soften the blow.

Ole 8-ball (my name for it, because it's got an 8-ball shifting handle) just keeps on going. An oil change twice a year and a gas tank twice a week are all that it's ever required.

Items wear out on occasion and get replaced, but I can do all that myself with simple tools.

Gets me to work, hauls everything, and tows boats and trailers better than anything I ever had.

It's hard for my wife to swallow, but it runs better, costs less to maintain, and is easier to fix than her top of the line Nissan Altima that cost three times as much.

Review Date: 29th June, 2012

16th Jul 2012, 10:09

The Ford 4.9 inline 6 is one heck of an engine. Not surprised if it goes to half a million miles. My 81 Econoline had over 400k on it when I sold it, and I'm sure it's still running out there somewhere...