1995 Ford F150 XL 4.9 i6 from North America

Summary:

BEST truck I have ever owned!

Only the things that wear out of 15 years and 300K+ miles.

General Comments:

I was a die hard GMC fan. But this truck has made a believer out of me. I worked this truck hard and drove it everywhere. It never let me down. I was absolutely amazed at the torque and pulling power this 6 cyl put out. I wish my Expedition had this engine.

With a camper shell on the back, I frequently got over 20mpg at 75mph. Even fully loaded with a loaded 18ft trailer, I still would get 17-18mpg.

I only wish I would have bought it with 4 wheel drive.

At 320K the motor started to smoke a little. I sold it and have been on the search for another one since.

Review Date: 11th October, 2009

1995 Ford F150 XL 4.9L 300CI from North America

Summary:

Good solid reliable workhorse

Ball joints are going.

Front steering arm needs replacement.

4x4 drive axle.

U joints need replacement, as well as Ford's manual locking hubs.

General Comments:

Good solid vehicle, engine very strong for a half ton. It sure can haul lots and pull lots.

Review Date: 7th October, 2009

1995 Ford F150 XLT 5.0 gas from North America

Summary:

This is a real truck without all the bells and whistles. Made for work and comfort

Power steering pump groans a little, bed squeaky, and heavy on gas.

General Comments:

Very good looking truck.

Very comfortable, lumbar air support.

Power windows, auto Trans, seats 6.

Review Date: 30th June, 2009

1995 Ford F150 from North America

Summary:

A loyal old friend that I don't want to part with

Only major repairs in 14 years: replaced clutch after normal wear, and replaced radiator, but only because I did not maintain it properly.

General Comments:

This has been an excellent utility truck.

I have driven it cross country twice with no problems.

Review Date: 26th April, 2009

1995 Ford F150 XLT 4.9 from North America

Summary:

The 92-96 Ford pickups with the 4.9L are probably the best work trucks ever made

Other than normal wear items, nothing.

The ball joints will need to be replaced soon, and the center bearing for the drive shaft howls when cold, so I'll replace that too.

The ignition key switch is starting to stick, which is a common problem with these trucks. I use this truck as a commuter and work truck, and it has never left me stranded.

General Comments:

If you need a pickup truck, this one is hard to beat. The 4.9 six is a great truck motor with a lot of low end power and seems to be good for over 250,000 miles. The ride and handling are good for a truck.

The heater and A/C work great. The extended cab is very handy for cargo and pets.

The truck still looks good and drives very well for its age and miles. I do a lot of the servicing, and it is easy to work on.

My only complaint is with the gear ratios in the 5 speed manual transmission. The reverse gear is too high with the 3.08 axle ratio.

This truck is one of the best 2 wheel drive trucks for driving in the snow. I do have real snow tires on the rear, and I fill both fuel tanks when it's going to snow.

Review Date: 29th March, 2009

1995 Ford F150 XLT 5.0L from North America

Summary:

The best truck I have ever owned, and has been an incredible bargain for the $19,000 I paid in 1995

Tires have rounded every 20,000 miles despite rotating and alignment. Causes vibrations during acceleration. Continued for the entire time I have owned the truck. Have had 4 sets of 60,000 mile tires on the truck over 120,000 miles.

Replaced water pump at 119,000 miles.

Replaced a front ball joint at 90,000 miles.

Brake hose failed at 95,000 miles and brakes failed while driving. Luckily I was at a drive through Bank with a Ford dealer in the same block. I coasted to the dealer and had a new hose put on it. Scary thing to have happen while you're driving.

Uses a quart of oil between oil changes.

Replaced front brake pads at 65,000 and 110,000 miles.

General Comments:

The truck handles great, accelerates good.

I have hauled loads way over the trucks capacity with no trouble. The truck has mostly been used for hauling and pulling trailers. It has done a great job.

I've always loved the color. Body is in great shape. One dent in the tailgate and a few scratches. My father and brothers have borrowed it often to tow items and I don't think they treated it like I do, but it is still in great condition.

My Lab rode in it for 14 years and the interior is still like new.

The truck has never failed to start.

Most general maintenance is easy.

Review Date: 6th December, 2008