1995 Ford F150 XLT from North America

Summary:

I won't buy another

Replaced tires after "passing NC inspection".

Replaced seal in transfer case.

Replaced left strut.

Packed wheel bearings.

Transmission acting up, may have to replace it.

General Comments:

I bought this car from a used car dealer, and what a disappointment. This truck sucks gas worse than my 1978 F100. I love Ford trucks and have had good ones over the years. This one was a one owner truck. Since owning it, every month I have it in the shop. I'm sure the brakes need to be done. I have no choice but to keep it anyway. I love the look of the truck and the ride, and that it's a pickup. Next time I'll have someone check it out. The rest of the truck seems fine. I hope.

Review Date: 24th January, 2010

1995 Ford F150 XL 4.9L I6 from North America

Summary:

Dang Good Truck

I got the truck from my uncle just before I turned 15. I always wanted the truck because of the bright red color. I was in high school, so I tore the heck out of this truck. Mud roads, high speeds, high RPMs, pulling people out.

I have replaced U-joints almost all around, ball joints on one side.

Severe rust, but I live in Iowa so what can you expect.

Tie rod end on one side.

Water pump replaced at about 190K.

General Comments:

This truck is a beast, I can't kill it, but you can't kill the best. I have pulled out many a trucks who think they can outdo my stock Ford.

Many people are afraid to tug and pull trucks out of stuck places. I'm not, and that's why this is a real truck.

I would recommend this for a first vehicle and a work truck any day. I plan on letting my little sister have it for high school when she gets older.

Review Date: 24th January, 2010

4th Jul 2012, 15:11

I have a 95 F150 Single Cab Long Bed with the 4.9 I6. It knocks like crazy, and now my head gasket is gone. But it's been knocking for a while, and I pulled an 08'ish F250 4x4 with a service bed out of the mud with no problems. Although I was on asphalt, I was also going up a steep hill. He was surprised my truck got him out LOL.

1995 Ford F150 XLT 5.7 V8 from North America

Summary:

Most reliable and tough truck EVER

Only major problems have been fuel pump once (which is common for this truck I hear) and we replaced the transmission around 150k when my dad and I burnt it up off-roading.

General Comments:

I have a 1995 Ford F-150 XLT. My parents bought this back in about 99 when the truck was still 'new'. Hands down the best vehicle we have ever owned. They bought it with 50k miles on it, we used this truck for everything. Hauling, long road trips, literally everything. I received this truck on my 16th birthday, and have since (I'm almost 18 now) have moved the miles from 150k to 205k.

My friends and I regularly off-road in the vehicle, and have accidentally jumped it on a couple of occasions. The only thing we could say is built Ford tough. This truck continues to be a great vehicle for me, and I will never sell it. ALWAYS RELIABLE. ALWAYS STARTS. and about 14mpg 17hwy when I drive it nice ;)

Review Date: 2nd December, 2009

1995 Ford F150 XL 4.9 i6 from North America

Summary:

BEST truck I have ever owned!

Only the things that wear out of 15 years and 300K+ miles.

General Comments:

I was a die hard GMC fan. But this truck has made a believer out of me. I worked this truck hard and drove it everywhere. It never let me down. I was absolutely amazed at the torque and pulling power this 6 cyl put out. I wish my Expedition had this engine.

With a camper shell on the back, I frequently got over 20mpg at 75mph. Even fully loaded with a loaded 18ft trailer, I still would get 17-18mpg.

I only wish I would have bought it with 4 wheel drive.

At 320K the motor started to smoke a little. I sold it and have been on the search for another one since.

Review Date: 11th October, 2009