1995 Ford F150 XLT 5.0 from North America

Summary:

Dependable

Tensioner pulley at 230,000.

Idler pulley at 215,000.

Alternator at 253,000.

General Comments:

The 5.0 is bulletproof. We've overheated it on three separate occasions to the red line, due to the pulleys coming off two times, until it stopped. Let it cool off, put new pulleys on, and it was back on the road again.

Hit two deer with it, and and caused no damage whatsoever.

Have pulled 20,000 pounds of industrial metal trusses; not what an F-150 is meant to do. Surprisingly didn't break any leaf springs.

Steering is loose, seats are uncomfortable, and the back seats suck.

Has never failed to start.

Review Date: 31st May, 2012

1995 Ford F150 XLT 5.0L V8 302 from North America

Summary:

Great truck

Had A/C recharged at 111,000 miles.

Front gas tank sending unit went out.

Crack in windshield.

Crack in dashboard.

Needs a new ashtray; old one is broken and not secured.

General Comments:

This truck is 4x4 with the 5 speed manual, and manual locking hubs with 32 inch Wild Country radial RVT tires.

Has the 5.0L V8 302. Gets decent gas mileage; city is 15mpg, highway is 17-19mpg.

Regular cab. Long bed 8 foot bed. Dual gas tanks. Borg Warner 4x4 axle and housing.

Review Date: 5th September, 2011

1995 Ford F150 XLT 4.9 from North America

Summary:

I would buy another 4.9 in a heartbeat

Rear brakes went as soon as I bought it.

Bushings in the front.

Cracked leaf spring from a little off roading.

General Comments:

Strong pulling machine.

It gets decent gas mileage for a truck of that year. Some of my other friend's vehicles have broken down, but my Ford keeps running like a champ. I have put this truck through its paces, and I'm proud to say it passed with flying colors.

Review Date: 31st January, 2011

13th Nov 2011, 18:12

I love my 4.9 F-150!!!

1995 Ford F150 XL 4.9 I6 from North America

Summary:

We can't kill it. Truly built Ford Tough

RUST will be the death of this truck.

Power steering pump - 215,000 miles.

Tailgate.

General Comments:

We originally bought this truck as my company truck for a tree company. When we bought it, we never expected it to outlast the company, and 3 kids learning stick shift on it. We refer to it as Trusty Rusty, because it has always been there when any of our other cars have broken down.

Naturally, it has taken some major wear from different people driving it, and being a work truck for 15 years. This truck has lasted as long, if not longer than many family cars, which have been maintained better. Ford is definitely the American Honda.

Typical Ford rust is what will be the death of this truck. We expected it to die about 4 years ago, but it's still driving fine. The 6 cylinder engine will probably outlast the universe, if maintained properly. This truck has been our best vehicle we've ever owned, and it will be a sad day when (if) it dies.

Review Date: 4th September, 2010

1995 Ford F150 XLT 5.8L V8 from North America

Summary:

I'd recommend it to anybody

All occurred 150000+ miles:

Idler pulley is rubbing on a belt, causing a strange whipping noise.

Antifreeze leak. Needs to be topped off once a month.

Fan caused a hole in antifreeze hose, had to be replaced.

Radio is slowly dying.

Emergency brake line broke and caused premature wear on rear brakes. Cost about $600 to fix.

General Comments:

This is an amazing truck overall. With an extended cab and a long bed, it can haul just about anything, as well as 5 people.

It has the most comfortable front seats I have ever sat in. They mold to your shape and hug you. I love the arm rests; I wish they put them in cars today.

The truck is relatively easy to drive once you get used to it. The power options are great; none have had electrical problems. I'm 5'4, 115 lbs, and can drive the truck easily. It has huge blind spots due to the length, so I prefer looking over my shoulders versus using the mirrors.

It has a poor turning radius, but what can you expect from truck that's longer than most parking spaces? Parking is an issue; it's extremely difficult to fit into tight spaces and back up due to the length. However, parking at the back of the lot gives me exercise.

The cup holders are great and easy to get to.

The paint has held up GREAT!!! It still shines like its brand new! However, it will rust easily. Maybe mine is more rusted than others because it spent four years in Minnesota as an all year vehicle. Our Suburban did the same, but did not rust nearly as much.

I would recommend this truck to anybody; you just have to take care of it and baby it as it gets older. I'm expecting it to survive another 20,000 miles, even with a teenager driving it. I'm giving it to my little brother as a learner car, because I learned to drive in it, and can now drive just about anything.

Review Date: 7th June, 2010