1995 Ford F150 XLT 5.0 V8 from North America

Summary:

The best Ford F-150 truck produced

Fuel line and pump broke on the rear tank.

Passenger side window won't roll back up.

General Comments:

This is the toughest truck Ford has ever built. I have hit 4 deer and not a scratch on it. This truck survived a tornado and a storage unit dropping on it, with only minor scrapes, dents, and a broken windshield. No major damage; the dents are not even that big.

I have driven this truck over 20,000 miles in the past two years. All I have needed to get were a few oil changes and gas. Let me phrase that better; a lot of gas. I have driven this truck to many different states. Towing between 1k-9k worth of weight is no problem. The owner's manual says 5k max tow, but that's a lie. Like I said, 9k was a breeze.

I believe that the death of this truck is going to be rust. I abuse the dang thing, but it won't die.

After 170k miles, you would think there would be engine noise, transmission lock ups, or even A/C or heater problems. I have no engine noise or rattle, the transmission shifts like a breeze with no jerking, my heater will sweat you out on full blast, even in 10 degree weather, and my A/C cools down faster than my mother's 2012 Kia, and keeps me cool in temperatures of 115 degrees.

I would recommend it for anyone. It runs great, it's tough, is very reliable, and pulls like a 250 in a 150 body.

Review Date: 28th July, 2012

1995 Ford F150 XLT 4.9 fuel injected 6 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Built like a tank... Tows like a train, runs no matter what... A real Redneck Rolls

Heater core leaked. Needed replacement, but wasn't a problem till I could afford it.

Front tank fuel pump out when I got it (I haven't ever bothered replacing it.. gas is too high that I'd cry if I had to fill both tanks). I have no problem running out of the back tank.

Clutch master cylinder wore out 328,000 miles.

General Comments:

When the Doc grounded me for good from my Harley, my son in law (who got the Harley) gave me this truck to soften the blow.

Ole 8-ball (my name for it, because it's got an 8-ball shifting handle) just keeps on going. An oil change twice a year and a gas tank twice a week are all that it's ever required.

Items wear out on occasion and get replaced, but I can do all that myself with simple tools.

Gets me to work, hauls everything, and tows boats and trailers better than anything I ever had.

It's hard for my wife to swallow, but it runs better, costs less to maintain, and is easier to fix than her top of the line Nissan Altima that cost three times as much.

Review Date: 29th June, 2012

16th Jul 2012, 10:09

The Ford 4.9 inline 6 is one heck of an engine. Not surprised if it goes to half a million miles. My 81 Econoline had over 400k on it when I sold it, and I'm sure it's still running out there somewhere...

1995 Ford F150 XLT 5.0 from North America

Summary:

Dependable

Tensioner pulley at 230,000.

Idler pulley at 215,000.

Alternator at 253,000.

General Comments:

The 5.0 is bulletproof. We've overheated it on three separate occasions to the red line, due to the pulleys coming off two times, until it stopped. Let it cool off, put new pulleys on, and it was back on the road again.

Hit two deer with it, and and caused no damage whatsoever.

Have pulled 20,000 pounds of industrial metal trusses; not what an F-150 is meant to do. Surprisingly didn't break any leaf springs.

Steering is loose, seats are uncomfortable, and the back seats suck.

Has never failed to start.

Review Date: 31st May, 2012

1995 Ford F150 XLT 5.0L V8 302 from North America

Summary:

Great truck

Had A/C recharged at 111,000 miles.

Front gas tank sending unit went out.

Crack in windshield.

Crack in dashboard.

Needs a new ashtray; old one is broken and not secured.

General Comments:

This truck is 4x4 with the 5 speed manual, and manual locking hubs with 32 inch Wild Country radial RVT tires.

Has the 5.0L V8 302. Gets decent gas mileage; city is 15mpg, highway is 17-19mpg.

Regular cab. Long bed 8 foot bed. Dual gas tanks. Borg Warner 4x4 axle and housing.

Review Date: 5th September, 2011