1995 Ford F150 xlt 302 from North America

Summary:

Great

Water Pump

Window Motors

Clutch.

General Comments:

One good Truck. Only general repairs have been needed with 160000 miles showing. Truck still runs like new. I plan to put another 100000 miles on the motor.

Review Date: 12th November, 2007

1995 Ford F150 XLT 5.8 from North America

Summary:

BEST truck I've ever had

The universal joints in the rear drive line were bad when I got it $50. Throttle position sensor (PAIN TO CHANGE BECAUSE IT IS UNDER THE THROTTLE BODY) $80. Radius arm bushings $480. I have had a few problems, but this truck has NEVER left me stranded.

General Comments:

This truck is seriously tough. I have raced it, off roaded it, hauled a camper on it and it takes everything I throw at it and more.

The only complaint is it sucks down gas 10-12 in town 16-18 on the highway.

I can say I have raced other trucks and mine is one of the faster ones. I will be doing some work soon to make it faster, but here are races I have had and how they turned out (just for anyone wondering how these perform)

1995 Chevy ext cab sb 2wd 5.7 auto. Ran neck and neck up to 60 where I pulled away this was a non-vortec truck.

1996 Chevy ext cab sb 4wd vortec 5.7 auto. This Chevy emberrassed me. It only had dual exhaust for a mod.

1998 Dodge Ram reg cab long bed 2wd 5.2 auto. This was a very close race with the dodge backing off at 70 I don't know who would have won. I had a nose on him.

2002 Ford F150 crew cab sb 4wd. 5.4 auto. I pulled ahead at the bottom of my gears, but he caught up at the top of his. At 80 we were still neck and neck with his nose ahead of mine.

1995 F150 5.0 ext cab sb 4wd auto. Blew his doors off. Anyone who says a 5.0 and 5.8 perform closely is wrong.

1989 F150 5.0 ext cab lb 4x4 manual. I beat this truck, but not as badly as I had expected.

1990 F250 7.5 ext cab lb flatbed 4x4 manual. I smoked this thing at every speed. He was upset.

1981 Chevy reg cab sb 4x4 manual. Very close race. He blew my doors off 0-30 but by 50 I had the lead.

1989 Pontiac Firebird 5.0 auto. Take a guess.

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue 3.8 auto. Beat me badly.

I just wanted everyone to know how this actually performs from a non biased point of view. My truck hauls my camper nicely and I love it. I will drive it until the wheels fall off.

Review Date: 10th November, 2007

26th Nov 2009, 00:09

This was a good write up right down to the street racing part.

The 5.8 will out torque the 5.0 Ford in most every instance. I've got to agree, the 3800 series II N/A or supercharged V-6 scats surprisingly more than it is supposed to.

1995 Ford F150 XLT 5.8 from North America

Summary:

To date, the best truck I've owned

Aside from routine maintenance, I had to get the transmission rebuilt and replace the front cover gasket.

General Comments:

To tell the truth, it's the best truck I've owned to date. It doesn't leak or burn oil, it's got more power than my friends 2000 Supercrew, and aside from rebuilding the trans at 225000 miles, everything is original. I drive it everywhere and I'm confident the truck will see at least 300000 miles.

Review Date: 16th August, 2006

1995 Ford F150 XLT 302 V8 5.0L from North America

Summary:

Well-built to the hilt

First, my exhaust manifold on the driver's side wheezed. There is a fair amount of rust present. Aside: when I was looking to buy my truck, I noticed a lot of trucks of this year with this problem.

Transmission went out at 135,000. I had it rebuilt with a heavy duty shift kit and with synthetic oil.

Gas tank rusted out; it cost $300 to replace it. My second tank rusted out not long after; I haven't replaced it.

The starter went out around 145,000 miles.

My automatic locking hubs went out around 150,000 miles.

I replaced the shocks just recently and it rides a lot better.

Last week, the garage replaced my ball joints, front seals, and front disc brakes. ~155,000 miles~

General Comments:

It's high-end power lacks, but the trade-off in gas mileage is OK. This truck is a Super cab short box with a topper. It also has a visor. Best mileage: 18 mpg. Worst mileage: 12 mpg. Wind really affects the mileage.

My first fixing experience with it was a rusted-out spark plug that left the threads in the block. (I thought that first spark plug didn't look like anything I'd ever seen before. ;) ) Advice: change spark plugs before they get too rusty and use anti-seize in the threads of the spark plugs.

The body seems very rust-prone, especially the tailgate, wheel-wells, and door areas. They salt the roads pretty good around here, so what can you expect?

I've put in $3,500 in repairs in three years, 32,000 miles. All in all, I'd say that it was well-built for the use it has given. I've been trying to care for it as best I can, but it's the nature of the beast to suffer aging problems.

Everything in the cab still works like it should. The dash rattles a little.

The engine doesn't use oil, so I use a good synthetic brand:Amsoil.

Review Date: 27th February, 2006