Air conditioner case cracked.
Condensation leakage from crack dripped on my feet while driving and made carpets moldy.
Front seat carpeting replaced.
New tires after 12k (Pirelli's no less, that came with the car and was told dealer has no other types.. $$$$)
Rear passenger shock broke.
New alternator (3 times)
Seals around doors/windows bad, terrible road noise.
Gas mileage in town around 21 or 22, not anywhere near rated EPA.
Console cheap plastic locking mechanism broke, twice.
Radio buttons are easily scratched.
Take this with a grain of salt, my dealership sucked:
- Love driving it, good acceleration (compared to previously owned vehicle)
- Dealership has terrible service. Absolutely horrible. I could overlook some of the issues with this car and buy another Ford, but I will NOT buy another Ford car. Service was terrible. (Did I say that enough?)
- Gas mileage is an upgrade from previous vehicle, but a far cry from what EPA rated it. I did a highway trip, no air, windows up, not over 55 mph and did not even get 26 mpg. Yuck.
- Backseat is good for smaller adults or kids.
- Trunk space and foldown seats definite plus.
- Sunroof that works right 50% of the time, has been "fixed" by the dealer at least 3 times; one time resulting in grease stains on my ceiling which they agreed to "clean" and are still there...
- Car died after leaving it for alone for a weekend (36k miles, right after warranty), towed to local non-Ford shop; thought it was the battery, replaced battery; drove 3 miles, car died. Towed back to shop; found out alternator is bad, and car has particular kind not regularly stocked, wait for replacement; one or two weeks later, battery light flashes on, immediate return to shop, alternator (again) is bad; replace again... let's hope this one works for a long time.
- ( (Under 2k miles) ) Bought car @ Mile 25, drove to school (2 hours away) ; car sits during week and goes out for weekends, notice odd drips near back passenger side wheel; finally get to take back to dealership at home, find out rear passenger shock is "broken", but car is driveable; wait three weeks for part to come in, does not come in; wait two more weeks for part, no part comes in, dealership decides to take one off car on the lot. Good job (haha - five weeks after figuring out issue)
- ( (Under 5k miles) ) On a trip to work, cold water drips on my feet, hrm.. wonder what this is (summertime and ac running, 30 min trip), bring to dealership, AC case cracked; wait for part.. one week, two weeks... three weeks.. no part. why? On backorder from Ford (is this a big problem?), meanwhile water continues to drip and carpet is mushy all the time - begins to smell; finally, week 6, dealership realizes part isn't coming in and this customer is really pissed, take part from car on lot, replace carpeting in front driver's and passengers side.