2007 Ford Focus Reviews - Page 12 of 13

2007 Ford Focus from North America

Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission Manual
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Great buy

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

Great little commuter car. I get about 34mpg on 75-80% highway driving. The seats aren't the most comfortable, but do OK for the price. So far it has been a great commuter and I would recommend it highly. I can even fit he wife and two kids with no problem for zipping around town.

Only 10,000 miles on it, so it is just broken in a few months ago.

Review Date: 6th May, 2007

2007 Ford Focus SES 2.0 Duratec from North America

Year of manufacture2007
Engine and transmission 2.0 Duratec Automatic
Previous carFord Escort

Summary:

Perfect!

No problems at this time.

General Comments:

I traded in my 2002 Ford ZX2 MTX for my new 2007 Focus SES ZX3 ATX.

I love this car. Seats are very comfortable. Rides like a dream and very quiet. Controls are easily reached. When driving on a curvy road it handles like it is in a groove. No body roll. Flat roads it is very smooth.

I have the Duratec 2.0L overdrive auto. Plenty of power. Very quick accelerating from a dead stop and I can spin the tires on dry pavement. I love the overdrive button on the underside of the shifter handle. I use it all the time to decelerate and on curvy roads and in town.

The reason I went from a manual transmission to an auto is because my knees are going bad. All the clutch working was make me hurt. Also the Focus sits a little higher than my old car and it is easier to get in and out of.

The body panels are spaced evenly and the paint job looks fantastic. My car came with 16" rims and Pirelli tires. I have no slippage on wet roads.

I don't like the factory speakers. Sounds muddy. I'm replacing them soon.

I drive about 10 miles a day to and from work. I've had the car for 1 week and have put over 500 miles of fun driving on it.

I would recommend the 2007 Focus SES to anyone. If I have any problems with it I will post them.

Review Date: 7th April, 2007

22nd Apr 2007, 13:16

Just to let you know that if you keep on hitting that overdrive button overtime, you will have transmission troubles. oh who cares you have a 100,000 mile warranty. I love the focus, I had a 2007 focus se, and I was in a wreck and it is gone, but I am about to get another one, but I don't know if I want a ST, or the SES model.

2007 Ford Focus Ghia 1.6 TDCI from Turkey

Year of manufacture2007
Engine and transmission 1.6 TDCI Automatic
Previous carRenault Megane

Summary:

Solid, refined and commendable

Nothing.

General Comments:

After replacing the probably-built-on-Monday Megane, this Focus has come like a relief. It's only a two-day old car, and I'm very impressed with it: it's a comfortable and silent diesel saloon with a CVT gearbox, it perfectly grips on the road and it has enough space for four with a huge boot.

High torque gives you confidence when you overtake a truck or climb on a hill.

The interior may look a bit modest, but the upholstery color looks fine and gives airiness.

Best car I've ever driven.

Review Date: 31st March, 2007

18th Jul 2007, 05:26

You are exactly right.

22nd Jul 2007, 18:58

I bought a Focus 2007 Sedan yesterday, July 21. My best birthday gift!! I excahange my Scion 2005 for this marvelous gem. Is great... very quiet. I had a terrible accident with the Scion and never had the luck to change it or sell it after that. Scion TC is great, but when is rainy, it's a little dangerous with tires on wet surface... watch it out!! Buy Focus, nothing like Ford!!

8th Jul 2008, 07:41

I have owned a 1999 Ford Focus Ghia Estate 1.8 petrol to date.

Superb car, it does what you want.

It has done 110,000 miles on its second clutch and second cam belt.

Starts every morning. Drives very well.

All cars should behave like this.

12th May 2009, 08:27

90 km! This site it's supposed to get opinions about reliability.

Let owners with more than 180.000 km post theirs relevant experience!