2007 Ford Focus Reviews - Page 5 of 13

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2007
Engine and transmission 4 cylinder of some sort Automatic

Summary:

I rented this car for a week. I have no idea about its maintenance history.

However, I noticed that the Focus was missing five of its sixteen lug nuts.

Also, the air bag awareness sticker on one of the sun visors was peeling.

General Comments:

Well, my car (a 2001 Ford Taurus, review #110663) was in the shop for uncontrollable shaking upon a cold start. It turned out to be a valve cleaning worth approximately $3000. Time to trade it in. I drove this car while I was shopping around for another.

If the year were 2007, and I were looking at the 2007 Focus, I would not buy it. Let's start with the positives.

The front seats were definitely not of first class quality. They were sculpted well and made of a very durable cloth, however, that comes at a steep price. You are greeted with two armrests made of horrid plastic- one on the door and the other is the lid of the center console. The armrest on the door is too narrow for an arm but fine for your elbow. The console lid is only wide enough for one arm and is higher than the door armrest. In my example, both seats were manually adjustable. However, the seat would not latch into place after being adjusted fore-and-aft. The recline mechanisms was okay- but the seat stuck on its journey back up to the straight position. The back seat was worse. It was too narrow, too flat, had no armrest at all, had no headrests, and had no legroom.

It was clear that there was a four-cylinder engine in this car. I could tell by the way it sounded. It was loud and thrashy. Acceleration was incredibly poor and I not impressed. I did not bother to take the time to measure the fuel economy. Paired with a so-so transmission, any person with any amount of car knowledge could tell that this was definitely an economy car aimed for people on the lower side of the economy spectrum. I say this because I could hear every change of the transmission, very time. I knew when it went from 1st to 2nd, from 2nd to 3rd, and so on. I could also hear it downshifting, going from 4th to 3rd and on and on. Truth be told, hearing the transmission shifting provided a greater level of entertainment than listening to my iPod with my totally awesome mix of music.

The visibility was a good virtue.

The buttons on the interior were generally appropriately placed. They were also lit very well.

The trunk was big for a car this size.

I couldn't understand why there are so many Focuses on the roads, other than the reason that they are cheap. I can relate to the reason that they are so cheap. The comfort is so-so and and engine and the transmission are poor. The good is outweighed by the fair. There is nothing outstanding pertaining tho this car.

Review Date: 13th December, 2008

19th Jul 2010, 22:32

Strange isn't it, that when you challenge saying "This car is not remarkably poor in any aspect, but it does not shine in any either. If you have any questions, post them and I will try to answer them." no one comes up with any comment. Yet, in all other negative reviews, I see a whole load of comments attacking the reviewer.

Good review, this was the same I felt with the Ford Focus I had myself. Added to yours is that the road noise was terrible, used to get a headache from long journeys in the Ford. Not to mention, a reasonably unreliable vehicle...

20th Jul 2010, 08:55

I used to own a 2004 Ford Focus. It was slow and noisy and a bit uncomfortable, but it was fairly reliable. It went through brake pads every 25,000 miles, but other than that, I had no problems with it.

I drove it until it had 143,000 miles on it, at which point it began to burn oil severely and it was scrapped. It still stands today as the most mileage I personally have ever gotten out of a domestic vehicle.

20th Jul 2010, 12:54

I'd certainly not attack the reviewer, considering that our only experience with the Focus was a fully loaded 2001 ZX-3. We found ours to be smooth, quiet, very peppy and a lot of fun to drive (especially compared to our Civic). The interior in ours was comfortable and well finished, though hardly luxurious. Ours was 100% reliable with never a single problem, as has been the case with all our domestic vehicles. Since I have not driven a newer Focus, I don't really know how they compare with the 2001, but based on our experience, I'd certainly be open to looking at another one.

7th Oct 2010, 16:23

About how much money on average does it take to fill it up, and relatively how long can you go until needing to fill up again?

2007 Ford Focus SE 2.0 petrol from North America

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission 2.0 petrol Manual

Summary:

Great commuter! Great mileage

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

I bought this car as a commuter since my drive to work is 25 miles one way. It has been a great purchase. I consistently get 34-35 mile per gal - about 80% is highway driving. It's not the mot comfortable car I have ever owned, but it's fine for commuting and short trips. I could go a couple hours without any need to get out an stretch. I have the 5-speed and it has plenty of power. My wife occasionally drives it with our two small kids as well for short trips around town. We have put a lot of miles on it in a short time and it has been great. Super good mileage as well.

Review Date: 12th July, 2008