2007 Ford Focus Reviews - Page 2 of 13

Year of manufacture2007
Most recent year of ownership2011
Engine and transmission 2.0L Manual
Previous carHolden Astra

Summary:

Great reliable, sporty little car

At around 50000klm, the car started idling funny and would sometimes take a push of the accelerator to start it. Dealership did fix this under warranty; turned out the idle control valve needed cleaning, but this was after they replaced the battery and spark plugs free of charge for me.

Paint on a small part of the front bumper has faded slightly.

Ford use soft brake pads, which do need replacing more often then other manufacturers, but the brakes are responsive.

General Comments:

I own the Zetec model of the Focus, and have been really happy with car since buying it second hand with 30000klm on the clock.

This car is fast and reactive for its small motor and price.

The car is also very cheap to maintain, with its good fuel economy and cheap services.

My experiences with my local Ford dealer have been pretty good; they have dealt with any problem I have had.

This car is reliable, as I have never had any serious issues with the car since owning it. And I have had troublesome cars, and I'm not just saying that; my last car was an Astra, and I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than own another Astra (or any other overseas Holden import).

When I was looking in the market, I was considering the Focus, Lancer VRX and Mazda 3 SP23. In my opinion, the SP23 was had the most modern interior and nice looks on the exterior. It also drove nice, and overall it would have been my first choice if I could have found one that was not several thousand dollars more the the Focus.

The Lancer though was another story. While I was looking in the market, they were the cheapest out of the 3, but there was a reason for that. The Lancer did not feel anywhere near as enjoyable to drive as the other two. The throttle was nowhere near as responsive and the interior looked cheap and old styled compared to the other two. I choose the Focus as it came at a good price, had a very smooth drive and for a 2 litre motor, felt very responsive.

My experience with the Focus has been enjoyable and trouble free; I love the car, and would purchase another one.

Review Date: 20th February, 2011

3rd Jul 2013, 17:45

The 2.0L Zetec engines were discontinued in 2004. It was replaced for 2005+ with the Duratec 2.0L, used in Mazda cars.

2007 Ford Focus Wagon 2.0 from North America

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2006
Most recent year of ownership2011
Previous carPontiac Montana

Summary:

So far, so good

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

Bought the Focus wagon to get better mileage and to replace our ALWAYS BROKEN DOWN Pontiac Montana. Wanted better mileage, but still some room.

So far, so good. The up side, no repairs yet, nice change compared to the Montana Monster. Gas mileage is about as advertised, 8.2 litres/100 km in mixed hwy/city driving. And plenty of room in the storage area. Though we do have a ski box for ski hill and big trips.

Negatives: seriously un-refined, but understand we didn't pay much for it. However, think the newer Ford's have addressed much of these issues. Although we do have some options (heated seats), it's about as basic as a car gets, and if you want fancy, this isn't it.

And the back seats are tight. Our girls are 6 and 8, and it's even tight for them. We'll probably need something bigger in a couple years.

We bought it for economy though, and at $8500, great MPG and enough room for our daily running around, it's a great alternative to a mini-van. And we've had it almost a full year without a single hint of a repair. Don't think the Montana ever made it 6 months without having to pour cash into it.

It's not cool, not fun to drive and you're not going to turn any heads. But I enjoy driving past the gas station and service garage without stopping.

Review Date: 28th January, 2011