2007 Ford Focus Hatchback 5 doors 1.6 Rocam flex fuel from Brazil

Summary:

Solid and spacious car

Until now I didn't have any problem, but the car is fairly new.

General Comments:

This is really value for money. The road handling is very good, stability is good, and it is easy to keep control.

It almost asks for fast driving due to its superb road handling. The space inside is very good, also for shopping. The view is less good than I am used to. The rear window is quite small and you don't have a good overview of the car's sizes when parking.

The ethanol flex motor has a lot of horsepower; 112 hp what is really sufficient for this car. With gasoline he is a little less strong. Using ethanol is a really nice feeling, driving around without bad smell and pollution.

In general I am quit satisfied with this car. The engine could be more smooth and the suspension a little less hard, but then you would also give up its road handling.

Review Date: 9th May, 2008

2007 Ford Focus from North America

Summary:

Great value

General Comments:

My company picked up 4 to use a company cars for $51k.

Mine is the PZEV Z3X.

I was always a Japanese car guy, but this car has opened me up to Ford for my next personal car. It isn't all that comfortable, but it is not a luxury vehicle. The Focus blogs out there all praise its reliability.

I average over 33mpg, and I drive it pretty hard, mostly ignoring the little arrow that indicates the most fuel efficient shift points.

With the back seat folded down you get serious room. Dads... consider a 2 door Focus when buying your kid a car to take to college. The only drawback is that it isn't really stylish.

It has acceptable power climbing hills when I downshift to 4th.

My only complaint: it is so light that it is very dicey if there is any snow on the road.

Review Date: 5th April, 2008

2007 Ford Focus LX 1.8 TDCi from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Top Notch Diesel Wagon

Loud ticking noise at start up, disappears after 3-4 seconds. Seems to be coming from ventilation system.

General Comments:

Superb ride and handling for a wagon, will keep up with most hot hatches.

Great performance and economy from diesel engine. Very poor from pulling away unless you rev engine to 1500 rpm then let the clutch up.

Comfortable and spacious, a truly big boot, with good equipment levels. Only problem is there is nowhere to put your right foot when using the cruise control.

Paint appears soft as the car already has several big stone chips at the front.

Review Date: 20th March, 2008

22nd Nov 2011, 02:46

Hi.

A few questions about your wonderful 1.8 TDCI Ford Focus, which I'd be most grateful to have some answers.

1. What are your fuel consumption figures?

2. Is the 1.8 TDCi engine a single overhead camshaft (SOHC)?

3. How does the 1.8 TDCI compare with DOHC 1.6 TDCI and 2.0 TDCI engines?

Thank you.

2007 Ford Focus 4 from North America

Summary:

The car is acceptable and fair as a first car for a teenager, but besides that age group...awful

1) Car shakes when driving

2) When shifting gears while driving the car pauses before moving (scary on the highway).

3) Gas mileage is not good

4) Lights are not bright (especially in fog and rain)

5) Lights in car never work

6) Seats are not comfortable

7) Car handling is terrible, whenever driving on a bumpy road the car just turns violently to the right or left.

General Comments:

I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone, honestly. It runs very similarly to the 1998 Ford Taurus I had previously. I expected a 10 years younger car to run much better, but that's not the case with Fords, apparently.

Review Date: 7th February, 2008

21st Aug 2008, 07:23

This was a very strange "review". You've given a reliability marks of 0/10, but what has actually gone wrong with this car? The stated list under what has gone wrong doesn't contain a single "real" issue, just minor things that obviously irritates you. And most issues are things that you should have checked out before you bought this vehicle.

22nd Aug 2008, 22:50

Yes, this review is strange indeed. Having owned a 2001 Focus ZX-3 I can honestly say it was a very good car with good ride for a small car, great handling and very adequate power. It never shook, the automatic always shifted flawlessly, and the entire time we owned the car we never had one single problem with it.

I also am dismayed by a comparison to the much larger and heavier TAURUS. My sister-in-law has a 14-year old Taurus that has run flawlessly and it has a very good, reasonably smooth ride. I can't imagine any comparison to a sub-compact like the Focus.

As for gas mileage with our Focus, I thought 34 was pretty good.

23rd Aug 2008, 12:04

It sounds like the review is exactly as described --- a teenager who was given this as his first car, and he's mad that he wasn't given something nicer. The complaints seem to be of the type that would have been noticed by the average new car buyer who had done their research and done a test drive. Somebody gave him the car, he doesn't like it, and has no recourse but to talk bad about it.

Gee, I wish somebody would give me a new car. I promise not to complain about niggling little non-issues, and will thank you profusely.