2007 Ford Focus ZX 5 SE 2.0 Duratec from North America

Summary:

I have been recommending people consider one for their next car purchase

I have had no problems with the car thus far.

General Comments:

This is the first Ford vehicle that I have owned, and I am very impressed with it. I have owned several Volkswagen's, Audi and Subaru cars, and must say that this car rates very highly in build quality, design, comfort and style.

I am 6'1" and have no trouble fitting in it. I find the seats very comfortable and the adjustments useful. I do have back problems and the seats are very supportive.

Visibility is very good, and the rear window defogger and wiper are great standard equipment on such an inexpensive car.

Rear seat room is quite good for adults, and in my case, child seats. The trunk is very roomy.

My prior car was all wheel drive, and I was concerned about how this car would handle winters here in New York. I found myself driving home in a whiteout on unplowed streets last week, and the car was absolutely wonderful. Stock Hankook Optimo tires perform!! Worries unwarranted. Traction control is an option on the Focus, but does not seem to be needed as in my case.

This car was made in Michigan. That kind of makes me feel good.

Review Date: 23rd December, 2007

23rd May 2008, 15:38

I have a Z3X with 24k miles. I find that it isn't that good in snow being so light. However, I am very impressed with the vehicle overall. Avg almost 34mpg, lots of room for 2 plus a lot of luggage room with the rear seat folded, easy to maintain, peppy performance with the 5 speed. It is my company car and if I changed jobs I'd be tempted to buy one for a daily driver. This vehicle changed my mind about Fords. Easily this is a better choice than a more expensive Japanese economy car with equal workmanship. Great value. I can see why they are so popular.

2007 Ford Focus SE 5 door zx5 2.0 from North America

Summary:

More fun to drive that all the others

Great car, replaced my wife's T-bird after almost 200k miles. Price for left over 07 is great (after combined 6K discount and rebate).

Love the car, back up light was out, dealer delivery prep was poor.

Have 2 other focus zx3'3, both my kids drive them to college - th e04 and 06 have been trouble free!.

Considered the Yaris, Matrix, PT Cruiser, Scion and Kia.

The price for a fully equipped SE with Safety and Auto was thousands less - bought mine for $11,900, new.

Love it and it is still fresh and likely the best economy car you can buy - the 5 doors are really hard to find now and I know will have the best value.

Review Date: 17th December, 2007

2007 Ford Focus SES from North America

Summary:

Not nearly as good as I thought it would be

It was a new rental.

General Comments:

My friend rented this car for a trip we took.

The Focus wasn't bad looking.

The ride was jittery and had a lot of road noise.

It had plenty of room for a small car.

The engine struggled and the auto transmission shifted harshly.

Interior fit and finish was not good.

The cup holders were a joke. The front passengers had 4 of them (2 each) and they were all placed in awkward positions. It was impossible to find them without looking.

The door locks locked with a clunk.

The turn signal noise made us both laugh every time we had to use them. It sounded like we were pressing a bottle cap.

The seats were OK.

Review Date: 26th October, 2007

7th Feb 2008, 02:27

I find that when you own a Buick or Oldmobile, you kind of shock your system when you buy a Ford or Dodge. I can guarantee unless you purchased a lemon. That the Ford Focus Is an ideal car. Take it from me. Long time GM owner, purchased '04 focus on a whim. traded in year later because I was should I say shell shocked at the difference between it and my Buick Regal. 4 years later, I would do anything to get my Sangria Red 2004 Ford Focus (all options) back.

By the way the engine and transmission perform quite a bit different from every other car on the market. Its almost as if the rubber band is too tight and needs to stretch a little.

Really though, Good Luck with your car. I wish I could have mine.