2007 Ford Focus Reviews - Page 3 of 13

2007 Ford Focus Zetec 1.4 from UK and Ireland

Year of manufacture2007
First year of ownership2009
Previous carVolkswagen Golf

Summary:

Car of the decade for a reason

Nothing, I've only replaced tyres.

General Comments:

Staggeringly good car. Supremely reliable, extremely comfortable, fantastic to drive, the grip and handling are amazing.

I traded in my Golf for it last year, and in 15 months I've clocked up nigh on 40,000km (25,000 miles) and it hasn't missed a beat. Not even wear on the interior. I'm not what you call easy on a car either, and the handling characteristics of the Focus make you want to throw it into bends, so it hasn't had an easy 15 months for it.

The way this thing handles is amazing, you'll have to really push it to make it understeer. Even if you do, you've got really controllable lift off oversteer to counteract it. It's a slow car in a straight line, but you'll trouble a lot of much faster cars in the bends. If you want something faster, get a bigger engine.

Space is fantastic, it's a wide car (and feels it in town and when parking mind) so it feels very airy inside. And space is the back is more than ample. I'm 6'2" and in my seating position, there's even room behind me for an adult. The boot is huge too. Never been wanting for space.

If I had any criticism it would be the engine's fuel economy, it's quite thirsty in town. Good on the motorway mind. But it's a small engine in a heavy car, so it's not a big surprise.

If you're in the market for a medium car, get a Focus. I cannot recommend it enough.

Review Date: 10th September, 2010

9th Mar 2014, 12:08

Still got the car, and after nearly 5 years and 220,000km (130k miles in old money), I've just replaced the first part, the alternator (a known issue). It being a Focus, plenty of refurbished units are available, so it was sorted cheaply and within an hour. One thing I will say is that the car does go through a lot of bulbs. Not really a big problem.

Still adore the car, and I will keep it until I've run it into the ground.

10th Mar 2014, 13:23

Wow, are you still on the original clutch?

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback 2.0 from North America

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2007
Distance when acquired22000 kilometres
Previous carChrysler Fifth Avenue

Summary:

Never again

The hatch started squeaking on any rough road at about 30000 km, and that was really annoying.

Also around 60000 km the transmission starting shifting really hard (enough to spill a coffee). I had the trans reverse flushed and put in a new filter, but still no better.

Been really reliable otherwise. Always started, and I've gone cross country from coast to coast several times. Although it got not even near the fuel mileage it was supposed to get. Maybe 22-26 mpg depending on the driving style on the highway, and I am by no means hard on the car. STILL HAS THE ORIGINAL BRAKES IT WAS MANUFACTURED WITH.

General Comments:

Very uncomfortable on long trips. Don't care for being shoulder to shoulder with my passenger, but head room and leg room is great for a small car. Huge blind spots when you try to do a shoulder check to merge into another lane.

For the price, I find that the interior is fairly well built. Speakers that came with the audiophile package sounded great, although they didn't last long. I'll take 100% responsibility for that though.

When it comes to power, it has none. The manual or sport model would have been much better. With the AC on, a hill climb is painful. I drove through the Rockies and will not do it again until I get a new car. While I have driven worse, it was because I've had many cars that cost me less than a grand, and I expected more for $18000.

I would still buy a Ford, just not a Focus. I loved the car for a week, and have hated it for the last few years.

Review Date: 31st December, 2009

3rd Jun 2011, 14:09

I have a 2007 Ford Focus SES hatchback with the winter package. It is the perfect fit for me. I love the heated seats.

I removed the low profile rims and put on regular ones, what a difference this made. I drive approx. 160 km to work and back every day; part gravel, part highway, no problems there, except that I couldn't open my doors... this was caused by dust build-up from the gravel road.

Also, it is a low riding car, and I could not drive home a couple of times last winter and the winter before, because of the amount of snow on the highway, and my front bumper is broken because of hitting the snow on the road.

The battery had to be replaced while still under warranty.

The command start will only work when it feels like it, mostly not, and I have had this checked quite a few times, but still have problems with it.

The wipers go on when I unlock my doors sometimes, don't know why. But this car is very reliable. I bought it new in Jan 2008 and have no intention of trading it in in the near future... but... As for local service, I do not think I will ever buy another Ford product for myself.