2002 Ford Mondeo LX 2.0 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Good sturdy car for long journeys

My clutch went one year after purchase.

My fly wheel went the same time.

The starter went 3 months after.

Battery had to be changed.

The windows are open when I go to car, even if I touch keys when they are in the house and far away from the car. Can't leave car as it would be unlocked when I get back to it.

General Comments:

The car is a very fast car and very economical in diesel.

The heaters are not the best, and it can be very cold in the winter time.

It seats 3 people very comfortably in the back.

The booth is a great size, and is fantastic if you have a pram to put in, and you will also get your shopping in.

Good family car.

Review Date: 2nd July, 2009

2002 Ford Mondeo Ghia 2.0 TDCI turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

A good car overall. I wish I went for the petrol version and avoided all this extra cost!!!

Shortly after getting my car, I needed the injectors reprogrammed.

Surprise injectors again! This time I got reconditioned ones fitted, as the new ones are nearly the price of the car!

One month later trouble again. Oil in the diesel, paid 30 pounds to get it tested. Two bad injectors and a suspect pump. Got injectors fixed, new pump fitted and a new fuel tank fitted; old one had no lining left on inside. Nobody knows why there was oil in the fuel, including Ford. After all this was done, I'm still getting oil in my fuel.

The climate control stopped working.

Six disc CD player stopped working. When I removed it to retrieve my CD's, there was lots of writing on it and a yellow Ford sticker saying it had been reconditioned 8 months ago. So took it to a Ford garage only to be told tough, there was no warranty with CD players.

Bad luck you might say? This all happened within nine months.

General Comments:

Nice car to drive when it works, 130 hp is nice, and the car has a lovely inside.

Mpg is low even after the new pump, I average 350 miles to a tank and that's normal driving.

The estate has a good load bay.

Review Date: 5th February, 2009

2002 Ford Mondeo Zetec 2.0 TDCi 130 from UK and Ireland

Good mix of economy and performance

Rear suspension bushes - apparently a Ford known fault - fixed in last MOT.

One dash light has given up - will get it replaced at some point.

Exhaust box fell off - sorted at my local garage.

I hasten to add that all of these occured in a 6 month period in 2007, prior to this I have had no problems at all.

General Comments:

Following my previous car (Primera GT) I was looking for a slightly more economical car and, following much research, decided a Mondeo TDCi was the one, specifically the Zetec model. Luckily the dealership my wife works at took one as a part-exchange so I joined the fleet of Mondeo drivers out there.

Compared to the Primera (unfair I know) the acceleration is not as good, but as a stand alone car (and a diesel) the pull through the gears (specifically 3rd and 4th) is phenomenal - plenty of torque for overtaking

1st gear seems to get "bogged down" somewhat and the torque doesn't really seem to kick until 2nd or 3rd gear so pulling away has to be judged carefully!

Usually get 400-450 miles from a tank, although I live near work so main mileage is down travelling to relatives elsewhere in the country at weekends etc

Loads of luggage and passenger space - proper family sized car - mine is the hatchback (Primera was a saloon and as such had limited boot access) - easily carried 4 adult passengers

Altogether I would highly recommend this car and would buy another Mondeo when the time comes.

Review Date: 29th January, 2008

2002 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 litre V6 from UK and Ireland

I have had 27 cars; this is by far the best

Every now and then, I get a loss of power at mid revs; the second set of cylinders do not kick in. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

General Comments:

Absolutely stunning car. Very fast and comfortable, and looks the part.

Review Date: 5th November, 2007