1992 Ford Taurus LX V six from North America

I enjoy the car

My most recent problem with the car has to do with the temperature rising. It raise to the point of near overheating, but does not overheat and the gage goes down to the mid-way point on the gage. I've replace the raditator, hoses, temperature sending unit, water pump, fan sending unit. The problem continues to exist.

General Comments:

Would like to find the cure for the problem with the temperature gauge.

Review Date: 20th September, 2004

21st Feb 2006, 14:32

Radiators often built tar or grease or dirt at the bottom and causes to drop the cooling to 50% and not cooling the engine well, so try to make it open an clean that radiator and your problem will be gone.

1992 Ford Taurus LX Wagon 3.8 from North America

Doesn't hold a stick to GM or German - at any price

Went through two transmissions (@ 95k and 120k)

Fuel pump (@ 90k)

Numerous motor mounts (seems like every two years)

Tie rods (@ 90k)

Spastic "check engine" light (but nothing is ever wrong) since I bought it.

Power steering pump (@ 110k).

Steering rack (@ 115k)

General Comments:

Before buying this Taurus, I thought whenever cars were broken down on the side of the road, that the owners just didn't take proper care of their car. Not so since buying this Taurus.

I must state that I NEVER abuse my cars and maintain them well ahead of the maintenance schedule. I drive a car as if it has feelings (never needlessly turn the wheel, never go over 3,000 in RPM, gentle over road imperfections, etc.). So much so, my friends and family constantly tease me about it.

I, like many others, thought that, after buying either German or GM cars for 20 years, I'd give it a try. Although it's nice when it's running, it seems to need repair after repair. I just can't trust it.

My first Ford and my last.

Review Date: 31st August, 2004

7th Nov 2004, 10:21

My 1992 Taurus has not been very good. At 80,000 miles I already replaced the head gasket, 2 sets of motor mounts. I cannot even believe that front brakes are every year. The front end rattles because it needs a couple of engine mounts again and needs to have the front wheel drive assembly gone through for the second time. The car has always run extremely hot and slow to brake. At 100k miles my ford mechanic says,"Drive it until it won't. This is too bad. My 1980 Ford has 225,000 miles and is running strong.

1992 Ford Taurus L V6 3.2L from North America

It is a great car! Not super fancy, but still special

I bought this car used, so it was bound to have a few problems. It pulls to the left a bit and the master switches for the electric windows on the drivers side do not open/close the rear windows, even though they work fine if you are controlling them from the back seat.

General Comments:

The car was a steal for me, only 1000$ so I was very worried that I was in for trouble. So far it works just fine and the engine is powerful enough and is decent on gas. (11.4km/liter)

The trunk is HUGE. The back seats are not too crowded the sound system is great.

The car is the envy of all my friends and I'm happy I have it. I plan to keep it for a few more years, its already 12 years old and still works remarkably for its age.

Review Date: 3rd August, 2004

1992 Ford Taurus GL from North America

Despite some of the flaw Ford has, I still loved my Taurus

The head gasket blew at about 108,000 miles.

Replaced my transmission about 3 months ago.

Motor Mount constantly break on me through out the time I owned my car.

Water Pump was replaced 3 different times.

General Comments:

I didn't like this car when I first got it in high school. Matter of fact, the car I had my eye on was the Accord like most of my peers at the time, but I grew to love my Taurus. It took me everywhere, with friends or family. The size of the car was perfect. It has great deal of room and power. Just like any kid, I used to push it to its limit on the freeway. One thing I didn't like about Ford Taurus is the reliability. My car seems to be in the shop all the time, always minor problems here and there. Sigh!

Review Date: 7th July, 2004