I have owned 3 other Honda vehicles:
2003 Odyssey - excellent vehicle.
2006 CRV - excellent also.
1992 Accord - unfortunately not maintained properly by the previous owner, and did not last long.
I purchased this Civic new in 2008 and have been very happy with my experience with the car.
- Though there are many on the road, with some nice aftermarket wheels I get compliments.
- Very good fuel economy.
- Somewhat sporty performance (for my needs).
- Good handling.
- Pleasant and appealing cockpit design, very user friendly and intuitive.
- Well built inside and out.
- I like the maintenance minder, which keeps me from needing to remember oil changes, etc.
- Decent stereo (can play MP3s and has AUX input).
- VERY large cup holders for my Slurpees.
- Road noise which can get annoying.
- Riding height is low (to be expected with this vehicle).
- Sometimes there is a lag in acceleration, especially when I need it to haul rear... it can be unnerving.
- Stock wheels are atrocious looking - so I replaced them, no big deal.
- Stock tires were poor performers in ALL weather conditions, so I replaced them (17" summer performance and 15" winter tires).
- This model does not have power trunk release on remote... sometimes wish I had that - not a deal breaker though.
- On this model there is no split fold down rear seat, only a single fold down.
Unfortunately, I have not liked the direction Honda has taken with the styling of their vehicles. When my lease runs out, I may buy the Civic outright, or, if there is a new, more attractive Civic, I may trade up, not sure. All other Honda's look bad in my opinion, and I don't want any of them. Only the Civic looks good to me.
I used this vehicle as a daily commuter to and from work, about 100+ kms a day. It has been reliable and comfortable.
The interior is well thought out. The cup holders are large and solid and can hold large Slurpees. There are many compartments for storage, though the glovebox could be larger.
This has been such a wonderful vehicle to own, I am considering purchasing it out at the end of the lease.
So far so good with the Civic!