1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L from North America

Summary:

Great!

1 power window motor went out. Nothing else in the past 9 years.

General Comments:

I wrote a previous review in 2001, stated the Grand Cherokee has better luxury than our 2000 Acura TL. 9 years later, that's still true, plus the Jeep Grand Cherokee runs much better, has had no repair or cost issues, and compared to the Acura it's been a dream. The 4.7L engine performs like a champ, remarkably quick with plenty of torque. We maintain our car religiously and our dealer is great.

The only problem is that Obama and his union henchmen stripped the dealer of his dealership (after 50 years). Throw the Democrats out everyone!

Review Date: 5th July, 2010

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 I6 from North America

Summary:

Chrysler has the best products

I have replaced the battery.

Replaced tires 4 times.

Replaced the brakes.

That's it; a very good car.

General Comments:

My Grand Cherokee has been a joy to own. I have always liked Chrysler products, and I would buy another. My Jeep has reliably carried me and my family for 170000 miles. My A/C even still blows ice cold.

My Jeep gets very decent mileage for the age and miles accumulated. The Selec Trac 4wd is excellent, and will go just about anywhere.

My Jeep has almost all the options, including the Infinity Gold System, heated leather, dual power seats, CD changer, and moon roof.

I really love my Jeep. I have enjoyed it, but ever since I saw the 2011 Grand Cherokee, I might just have to give my 99 to a family member, and buy the 2011.

Review Date: 19th June, 2010

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L from North America

Summary:

Dependable

Nothing major has happened to this vehicle. It still runs like a champion, even with over 200,000 miles on it. And I know I will get another 100,000 miles or more out of it. Just got to keep up with regular maintenance!

General Comments:

Could not be happier with the car. It's been a great car, and handles amazingly. I will own nothing but a Jeep from now on.

Review Date: 4th May, 2010

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 from North America

Summary:

Plain to get another 100,000 out of her before I let her go

At 212,000 the radiator replaced.

At 215,000 the transfer case was replaced.

General Comments:

I have 217,000 miles on it runs and drives just as good as the day I bought it.

Can't complain about anything. Best auto I've ever owned.

Review Date: 1st December, 2009

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7 from North America

Summary:

Great engine and comfort with annoying maintenance issues

First problem with this vehicle was the dreaded brake rotor problem. Problem showed up at 18000 miles. Had them replaced at around 22000.

The next problem was the front passenger door window motor. Replaced at the dealership under the warranty at approximately 30000 miles. Had a lengthy "discussion" with the service people at Jeep who wanted to charge me for the time to diagnose the problem, even after I told them EXACTLY what the problem was.

Next problem was at about 32000 miles when the radiator cracked at one of the seams. Had to foot the entire bill for this repair as the vehicle had passed the warranty period of 36 months.

Had the rotors replaced again at around 34000 miles.

The next thing to go wrong was the transfer case. Had to have it completely overhauled at 50,000 miles. Front speakers sound like they are playing through an empty tin can. Went to a local car stereo store and was told that there are no replacement speakers available in the aftermarket world because of the size of the originals.

Currently at 80000 miles, and need to have the rotors replaced again. Also, the front wiper washer now squirts onto the ground instead of the windows. The rear wiper washer has never worked.

General Comments:

All that being said, despite the annoyances (and expense), this has been very comfortable, capable vehicle. It is loaded with Quadradrive, leather heated seats, sunroof, and CD player. It negotiates four-wheel drive only conditions with apparent confidence. And I got a VERY good deal when I purchased it. I would still consider the Jeep brand when car-buying time comes around again.

Review Date: 30th November, 2009