1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews - Page 4 of 29

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L from North America

Model year1999
Engine and transmission 4.7L Automatic
Previous carBMW 3 Series

Summary:

I love this car!

Well there was not many things wrong when I got it, but the headlamps were very foggy, and still are, and a few minor things.

General Comments:

The engine is very nice and sounds very good.

The Infinity gold sound system is very nice, but the tweeters on the dash rattle.

Also the transmission's speed sensor is out for third gear, and the back passenger door does not automatically unlock and makes a rattle noise.

That is all of the problems, and the headlamps are foggy, but that's all.

The car is very nice, and mine has every option and accessory from the factory.

The A/C been recharged twice, and I still have a few codes, but if I was to buy another Jeep, it would not be the new Grand Cherokee, because I like the older one better, but I probably will buy a Commander next, but not for a while because I love this thing so much!

Review Date: 17th October, 2009

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sports V8 from North America

First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission V8 Automatic
Previous carJeep Grand Cherokee

Oil changes regularly.

Normal wear and tear problems, depending all on how you treat and drive your vehicle.

General Comments:

I love my Jeep Cherokee. It is an amazing vehicle. A lot of people write bad things about the Jeep, but you have to love you car for it to love you back.

I live on a farm and the terrain can be rough on my truck, but it pulls through everything like a true champion. It has power under the hood, power inside and power generally all around. It's great in muddy ditches and bumpy back roads.

Just the other day 7/10/09: I nearly hit a raccoon. After I had turned around, I saw that the animal had a broken leg and was crawling to get out of the road. I was so busy watching the animal that I drove down in the dish (which was at least 5ft deep.) and I thought I was surely stuck. The Jeep is a V8 and it is 4 wheel drive. I pulled out of the ditch with ease and I had to drive through a muddy field for at least a mile before I could get to the road. But like a champ, it pulled through it all.

General up keep on it isn't bad at all. It's not really good on gas, but that's why I have a job.

The air, heat and electric appliances inside all work 100%; and I often times travel outside of my town to cities that are well over 100 miles away. And I always seem to make it back just fine.

The leather seats are another favorite.

I have had a CD player installed along with several different gadgets.

But overall, my Jeep is the best vehicle I've ever had. I strongly suggest to anyone looking to buy a truck, BUY A JEEP!!! And like many people say, "It's a good truck if you know what you are getting into." But HEY, that's with any vehicle. As far as minds go, I love it. Luxury, sophistication, style and comfort, all in a bullet proof, touch, hardcore, shell. Doesn't get much better than that.

Review Date: 22nd July, 2009

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 6 cylinder from North America

Model year1999
Engine and transmission 6 cylinder Automatic
Previous carDodge Neon

Summary:

All in all, a wonderful vehicle that I intend to keep for many many years to come!

The window on the rear lift gate is mildly temperamental about when it wants to open. Some days it opens easily, some days, not so much.

The hood support rods don't work anymore, and are due for replacement.

This morning I lost the center cap from my front passenger wheel.

It is time to replace the brakes and rotors (I hear this awful squealing when I apply the brakes, and my car pulls to the left and shudders a little).

General Comments:

Other than the four (relatively) minor issues previously mentioned, I have been exceedingly happy with my Jeep. There is plenty of room for my kids, for groceries, for school books, backpacks, etc.

The interior of my Jeep is still in very good condition except for two small cracks on the driver's armrest. The carpet and upholstery hold up very well to the "abuse" that three rugged children dish out on a daily basis. A twice weekly vacuuming and once or twice monthly shampooing are all it takes to keep it looking great.

I love the fact that when the kids aren't with me, I can fold down the back seat and have tons of room for hauling home groceries. Even with the seat in place, there is room for all of our fishing poles, tackle boxes, the kids life jackets, a cooler, and anything else we might need for a day of fishing.

Review Date: 24th October, 2008