2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L straight 6 from North America

Summary:

I love it

Battery died, had to install a new one.

Radiator started leaking, had to install a new radiator.

Radiator fan relay went bad, had to install another relay.

General Comments:

This car handles great in the snow, and is excellent for off-road driving. It is very comfortable.

Review Date: 18th May, 2011

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V6 from North America

Summary:

Great design, but a lemon!!!

Purchased this vehicle used in 2006 for a good price.

A month later, the passenger window motor had gone out.

The following month, the driver window motor was gone.

Since then, I had the water pump replaced, transmission sensors done, thermostat changed, 2 radiators and the fan relay done.

Everything was under warranty until the radiator went out.

On 2 occasions the steering column was looked at by the dealer, because it sounded like a fog horn when you turn left. Guess what, 4 years later it's still the same thing...

It's a shame, because I really like the design of the vehicle, but what a lemon... about to trade it in, and will never buy another Jeep product again.

Review Date: 4th January, 2011

17th Feb 2011, 02:05

Yep! I've had the same issues with mine. That fog horn noise comes and goes. I was constantly replacing the fan relay until I finally replaced the fan with an upgrade. The brake rotors warped so I replaced them with better after market ones.

Also the window regulators are always breaking!

I'm in too deep in repairs with this POS so I will keep it until the wheels fall off!

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 I-6 from North America

Summary:

365k and still kicking!

On its third transmission. 1st - 170k, 2nd - 100k, 3rd - 90k so far.

Always seems to have an oil leak.

I have to change the brakes at least once a year due to warped rotors.

Both front window regulators have gone out at sometime.

Check engine light has been on for about a year, but still runs great with 21-22mpg on the highway.

Now the right rear axle seal is starting to leak, and the tech at the local dealership said that you can't change the seal, but instead have to buy a new rear-end. I know this is a bunch of BS.

General Comments:

I would surely buy a new 2011 GC. I like the styling and overall durability of the Jeep. I take good care of it, but at this high of mileage, things are bound to go wrong.

Review Date: 22nd December, 2010

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 litre petrol from Australia and New Zealand

I purchased a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in 2008, it had 62000 km's.

As I drove it from the dealer, I noticed brake squeaking and shifting left. Then as I hit the freeway, I sensed the truck moving left and vibrating as I hit the brakes.

The engine light turns on intermittently, and my fuel gauge is out of calibration. As soon as I hit quarter tank and 110km's to empty, I break down out of fuel.

A respectable garage in Australia told me to get the brakes changed, which I did, and it did not fix the problem. I returned to be told I need a wheel alignment and new tyres. I did, and the problem returned soon after. Now they tell me to re-align the steering column, replace the bushes, new brakes and new tyres again.

The engine light diagnosis pointed to a new fuel filter and service - again!

The engine has a ticking noise at start up, it is sluggish after new spark plugs and fuel filter.

What a waste of good looks on this truck, and can't wait to replace it.

I have had a VW Transporter van for 12 years, never had problems like this.

Stay away from Jeep.

Review Date: 23rd October, 2010

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L from North America

Summary:

The Jeep is a nice vehicle, but expensive fixes make it a risk to drive

Front rotors 3 times, front brakes 5 times.

Power steering pump replaced.

Tires replaced at 26000.

Front end alignment 2 times.

Front headlights.

Air conditioner control panel replaced to fix air conditioner problem; dealer charged 1000 to replace a sensor in the dash that did not fix the problem.

General Comments:

Jeep has steering issues that are not fixable by any place that I have taken it to. All steering is tight.

Since Michigan is replacing many roads or resurfacing, the car handles well on those roads, but any slant to the road and you're in the curb.

By grasping the wheel tightly, and having the tilt all the way down, you can move the steering wheel up and down with a clicking noise. I have no idea what the problem is??

One area I travel, goes over a set of RR tracks, and if I let the steering wheel loose, just to see how the Jeep will react, the steering wheel moves to the right severely, and without correction, I would be in a ditch.

We have rebuilt gear box, power steering unit, brakes, tires, all 4 rotors, and still no one knows??? Any help out there???

Review Date: 14th August, 2010