2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 inline 6 from North America

Valve cover, coil pack, front drive shaft joint.

General Comments:

I use to own a 93 Grand Cherokee, which I loved to death till a NJ state trooper hit it while it was parked and bam no more jeep. I wanted another Jeep, but school got in the way and now I have finally bought another one.

The power is decent for a 4.0 and the MPG is decent. I've been getting 19.5 MPG (10% city 90% highway).

The leather seats are nice and are heated. The driver and the passenger side seat brackets are cracked (common flaw).

It rides decent on the highway at 75 mph. Wind noise is on the lower side, which surprised me coming out of an Infiniti.

The radio is good (Infinity upgraded audio system) even though it has a blown rear door speaker.

I picked it up for a steal at $1500. They thought the motor was blown and it just needed a tune up and a coil pack. I call that a score in my book.

But overall these seem to be a decent used SUV on the market. Parts are cheap and are everywhere.

Review Date: 11th April, 2016

11th May 2016, 19:20

164000. The front drive shaft CV joint starting making an awful noise, so I removed the front drive shaft till I can rebuild it or buy a new one.

19th Aug 2016, 15:59

170K, the steering box is starting to let go. I ordered a new one and I'm waiting to get it installed. The motor has a lifter tick now which is common in the 4.0. Other than that it's fine still.

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L straight 6 from North America

Summary:

I love it

Battery died, had to install a new one.

Radiator started leaking, had to install a new radiator.

Radiator fan relay went bad, had to install another relay.

General Comments:

This car handles great in the snow, and is excellent for off-road driving. It is very comfortable.

Review Date: 18th May, 2011

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V6 from North America

Summary:

Great design, but a lemon!!!

Purchased this vehicle used in 2006 for a good price.

A month later, the passenger window motor had gone out.

The following month, the driver window motor was gone.

Since then, I had the water pump replaced, transmission sensors done, thermostat changed, 2 radiators and the fan relay done.

Everything was under warranty until the radiator went out.

On 2 occasions the steering column was looked at by the dealer, because it sounded like a fog horn when you turn left. Guess what, 4 years later it's still the same thing...

It's a shame, because I really like the design of the vehicle, but what a lemon... about to trade it in, and will never buy another Jeep product again.

Review Date: 4th January, 2011

17th Feb 2011, 02:05

Yep! I've had the same issues with mine. That fog horn noise comes and goes. I was constantly replacing the fan relay until I finally replaced the fan with an upgrade. The brake rotors warped so I replaced them with better after market ones.

Also the window regulators are always breaking!

I'm in too deep in repairs with this POS so I will keep it until the wheels fall off!

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 I-6 from North America

Summary:

365k and still kicking!

On its third transmission. 1st - 170k, 2nd - 100k, 3rd - 90k so far.

Always seems to have an oil leak.

I have to change the brakes at least once a year due to warped rotors.

Both front window regulators have gone out at sometime.

Check engine light has been on for about a year, but still runs great with 21-22mpg on the highway.

Now the right rear axle seal is starting to leak, and the tech at the local dealership said that you can't change the seal, but instead have to buy a new rear-end. I know this is a bunch of BS.

General Comments:

I would surely buy a new 2011 GC. I like the styling and overall durability of the Jeep. I take good care of it, but at this high of mileage, things are bound to go wrong.

Review Date: 22nd December, 2010