2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews - Page 2 of 10

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 from North America

Year of manufacture2003
Previous carFord F150

Summary:

Very poorly made

Brake rotors, fan relay at least 8 times, radiator, O2 sensors changed yearly, pinion seals, numerous electrical problems etc.

General Comments:

I would never buy a Jeep or a Chrysler product ever again. The same things break on this over and over again; fan relays, power windows, brake rotors, O2 sensors and costly electrical repairs.

Review Date: 10th August, 2010

6th Nov 2012, 22:34

I had none of the above relay things in eight years. The problem is in between the driver and the relay.

I have also built anger, but over tranny issues. One day, a devoted mechanic thought me that my 45rfe was based on the bullet proof Torqueflite, and that internal damage is uncommon, and any malfunction is often electronic.

Stealership and shop will more likely replace the whole unit, and reuse your unit with a new sensor (cheap).

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V8 from North America

Year of manufacture2002
Engine and transmission V8 Automatic
Previous carJeep Cherokee

Summary:

Jeep... you're better off walking

A/C system went out, and was replaced under warranty.

Power steering whines, and the dealer could never fix.

Engine taps, and dealer couldn't fix.

Rotors warped at 8k, and dealer wouldn't fix.

Check engine light at 28k, fixed myself by resetting; caused by gas cap.

Hydraulic lifts failed at 25k; replaced, and replaced again at 35k.

Power seat broke; will not move forward or back.

This SUV has a lot of wind noise at highway speeds.

All power window regulators have broken, and I am rebuilding them with the small metal piece that won't break again.

General Comments:

This is my second Grand Cherokee, and my last. It's a shame Chrysler knows about the issues owners are having and not wanting to do anything to help. The government was wrong to help bail them out.

I had a 1996 Explorer that was retired after 250k miles. Other than replacing normal routine items, I never had anything major go wrong with it. The only reason it was put to pasture was because the transmission finally died and it wasn't worth the repair.

No more Jeeps, and we need to spread the word. Don't waste your hard earned monies on Chrysler's junk. No wonder Mercedes bailed on them.

Review Date: 7th August, 2010

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 4.7HO from North America

Year of manufacture2002
Engine and transmission V8 4.7HO Automatic
Previous carJeep Grand Cherokee

Summary:

Great car, but has some defects

Chicago, IL

I have a 2003 Grand Cherokee Overland. Bought it in 2006 with 26,000 miles. Now I have 78,000 miles.

I have changed the front passenger and driver side window regulators. This is an easy fix, do it yourself. I changed the power steering pump last year in June, and now it just went out again. I did it myself and bought the pump at autozone with lifetime warranty. So this second fix will be free just takes away a little free time.

Now to the big stuff. Two months ago my blend doors went out. I fixed it at my local Jeep dealer. They were kind enough to tell me they had a 15% off coupon on their website for cars with over 70k miles. The blend doors ended up costing me $970. Finally went through the stock pair of tires at 78k and ordered new ones.

The past few days my car wasn't shifting correctly and was stuttering as a few of you have said. It's the valve body inter transmission. Even though they don't have the coupon any more they gave me 15% off and it's gonna be $962. Once I get the car back I have to go put on the new tires. Hopefully that's it, I wanna drive this thing into the ground.

General Comments:

The Overland is very fast and has lots of power. There is nothing like Jeep seats and the comfort they provide. I have had problems with it, but then again what car doesn't have problems. It just the luck of the draw. The Jeep do have a few problems that are prevalent in them, so before buying do some research.

Review Date: 15th December, 2009