2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 liter HO from North America

Summary:

Very dependable vehicle, except for some minor repairs

Vehicle will not shift into high gear. Engine light has been on and the codes show something wrong with a shift sensor.

Driver seat has broken at the track near the driver door side.

General Comments:

I love the Jeep. Been very dependable except for a couple of minor repairs that needed to be done.

Have never had it stuck in the snow, although there were instances that I thought I would get stuck and drove right through it.

Review Date: 18th August, 2007

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7HO V8 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Could have been great

Drivers seat heater stopped working.

Starter motor decided to just click. Removal and replacement seemed to fix it... loose connection?

Brake pulsation.

Horrendous noise from front diff.

"Crack" noise from behind steering wheel at random. Chrysler have a fix... for a cost.

Trip computer/EVIC would lose its mind occasionally, losing the memory for mirrors, seats etc.

Front brakes made unusual clunking noise.

Aircon blend doors failed... passenger side blew warm no matter what. Huge dollars to repair.

General Comments:

I WANTED to love this car. It's loaded with all kinds of creature comforts and little features that make you smile.

Power was awesome for a 4wd... scared a fair few ricers at the lights.

But at the end of the day, it had so many gremlins, Chrysler weren't interested, and I lost interest.

Oh, and quadradrive sadly isn't what it's cracked up to be. While it made the vehicle very able offroad, it didn't work like automatic diff locks, like Chrysler claim it does.

Review Date: 21st June, 2007

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V* from North America

Summary:

A piece of junk

Numerous problems on gaskets on doors and moon roof. Dealer never really got them right.

A resistor in the climate control unit went. To repair the problem, the dealer had to remove the entire dash. The cost of the repair was over $1000.

Both power steering pump lines went at 36,000 miles. I had to drive the car without power steering to get it to the dealership.

The front driver's side seat heater went out at 30,000 miles.

The turn indicator sticks.

Battery went dead at 30,000 miles.

The alternator went at 38,000 miles.

Other small problems too numerous to mention. This car lives at the dealership.

General Comments:

This has been the most unreliable automobile that I have owned. It ran perfectly, almost, until the warranty expired and since then has been a nightmare.

I have ordered a new Toyota 4Runner and cannot wait until it arrives and I can get rid of this piece of junk. I will never buy another Jeep.

Review Date: 19th February, 2007

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain 4.7 HO from North America

Summary:

Hold on tight, this gas-hog pulls hard!

Plastic intake manifold.

Bad brakes.

Heated seat not working.

Strange transmission shift.

Leaky seals (driveshaft).

Low quality stereo, expected better from infinity.

General Comments:

The 4.7 HO will blow your head off. Passengers wearing a loose hat will see it fly off when floored!

Keep in mind I owned an '87 Buick Grand National, this truck moves nice.

I complain, but the car has been great with not too many problems.

Gas is bad, but I put regular in.

Review Date: 23rd August, 2006

9th Sep 2006, 02:54

Certainly not a trouble free rig, but after many rides with rented cars, I am always happy to jump in and enjoy true ruggedness, rattle-free rigid body. Of course, like many, would have to complain about annoying minor problems, but overall I am happy with the beast. I consider that Jeep is greater than life and since 1941 have inspired the world. But today's SUV challenge is to hold the road...

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7L 265 hp V8 from North America

Summary:

Tailgating has never been so fun!

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

Bought the Jeep used as an upgrade from my 97 Chevrolet Blazer.

I loved the Overland edition when it came out in late 2002, and now I could finally afford one.

I cannot say enough good things about the engine. With 265 horsepower and 325 lbs of torque, it's a tailgater's dream! Puny little Civic or Jetta in the way? No problem!

The interior is spacious and comfortable as well, not to mention it's very usuable and durable. I've gone on several trips in it already and loaded all kinds of junk in the back, and it has passed every test so far.

Not surprisingly, the fuel economy stinks like a Banquet on Fear Factor. 13-18 city highway are optimistic figures.

All in all, it's a respectable and classy SUV that will achieve mostly every purpose and, more importantly, it's a Jeep. My only concern was long-term reliability, and we'll have to wait and see about that.

Review Date: 12th July, 2006

13th Jul 2006, 04:29

Tailgating is not fun, it's stupid.

20th Jul 2006, 03:54

If this reviewer's "idiosyncrasy" (I wouldn't like to use any other term...) on tailgating is not sufficient to delete this review I don't know what is.

22nd Jul 2006, 01:06

My only concern is your I.Q. Tailgating is idiotic.

23rd Jul 2006, 19:38

For the above 3 commenters... there are least two kinds of tailgating. I'm guessing this reviewer is talking about the kind that has to do with football games, beer, picnic food, and lots of hot women in sundresses.