2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L H.O. from North America

Summary:

The perfect vehicle; goes anywhere!

Absolutely nothing. I had a whining power steering pump that worked properly, but the sound was really annoying.

General Comments:

This vehicle has more traction than most people need.

The fuel economy is a little lower than I like, but I have a very powerful engine.

The seats are like lazy boys!

Review Date: 21st April, 2008

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L from North America

Summary:

If I could only have one car, the Jeep Cherokee Limited would be the one

Nothing.

General Comments:

Wow! This is the most comfortable car I've driven.

The leather, heated seats are wonderful on cold winter days.

Steering wheel controls for cruise control and audio are extremely convenient.

The 4WD feature gets me through snow and mud that have bogged down other 4WD vehicles. I've helped a couple of guys get their rigs out of deep snow that was NO problem for my Jeep.

Gas mileage is reasonable: 22mpg while cruising at 80mph.

The only negative is that it tends to over-steer a bit.

Review Date: 9th January, 2008

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee laredo 6 cylinder from North America

Summary:

No frills and Wimpy

The rotors warped within the first six monthes.

General Comments:

The first impression is that this is a good looking vehicle. After owning it you realize the paint job is very cheap. Bird droppings and other debris need to be cleaned immediately or a permanent blemish will be left that cannot be removed. (I have the pretty blue one.)

The interior is also cheesy. No ashtray, no lock on the glove box. No key entry on the exterior of the front passenger door. Equipment that was metal on my previous 1998 Jeep is now plastic on the 2004 model.

This vehicle was purchased with a tow package. Towing a 19' boat through Illinois is no problem. Terrain is very flat. This vehicle failed to tow my boat through the hills of Branson MO. There was a time that I was completely stuck on a hill because the vehicle simply would not pull it.

I also own a 1992 Laredo with a 6 cylinder. It out performs the 2004.

From Day one the rotors have been a problem. Chrysler will not assume any responsibility for this flaw. Get use to swapping them out every year. I have now owned 1988, 1990, 1992, 1998 and a 2004 Jeeps. The first four were outstanding tow vehicles. The 2004 has been reliable, but performs poorly for the type trailering I do.

Review Date: 23rd December, 2007

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Editon V8 from North America

Summary:

Outstanding

Nothing. This car has had no problems. Unless you count that since it's black leather interior, I have to weekly 'dust' it...

General Comments:

Love it love it love it. This car is fast, safe, reliable, dependable and easy to maintain. The cabin area is nice. I don't love the center console, but it is very large. I feel safe while driving in this vehicle. I have taken it up to 110 mph to test it and it runs excellent! I would highly recommend this Limited Edition Grand Cherokee.

Review Date: 28th July, 2007

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lerado 4.0 Gas from Italy

Summary:

Great Car

I have 40,808 miles on my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee.. When I start engine the oil pressure gauge needle does not move. (It stays lying down on left side of gauge. After about 5 minutes it moves towards the top of gauge, then hovers back and forth between the bottom left, and top for another minute or two before settling down at approximately correct pressure (straight up). The pressure stays correct, until I shut off engine and then restart.

I solved this problem by replacing the Oil Pressure Sensor that controls the gauge. (MOPAR Part # 1-04868672AA) The sensor is inexpensive, located on the passenger side of the engine block, near the firewall, and screws into the side of engine (and you have to plug the electrical wire that connects it to the gauge back in of course).

General Comments:

Other than this problem, I am very happy with my Grand Cherokee.

Review Date: 25th June, 2007

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L from North America

Summary:

Engine Light is the only thing that works!

Only 33,000 miles....

1. Faulty fuel injector caused misfire.. Engine light triggered. Injector replaced at no cost..

2. Faulty coil caused misfire.. Engine light triggered a second time. Coil replaced at no cost.

3. Engine light on, for third time. Combustion chambers need to be cleaned due to carbon, or so I'm told by a Jeep dealership. Combustion chambers cleaned.

4. Engine light triggered for the fifth time this MONTH.. Dealership states vehicle needs all new valves... Wow, what a suprise..

General Comments:

I find it interesting that everyone who loves Grand Cherokee's have under 30,000 miles.. I plan to trade this Jeep in before the windows stop working, or the rotors warp as was the case for many others.

Review Date: 4th March, 2007

1st Sep 2007, 19:29

I had the same issue with "carbon" build up in the valves...