2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews - Page 6 of 9

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8 from North America

Year of manufacture2003
Engine and transmission 4.7L V8 Automatic
Previous carOldsmobile Cutlass

Summary:

Good. Looks better than the 2005 model

Brake rotors every 15K.

Main seal leak @ 16K.

Driver's seat (leather) started cracking around 20K, had to get it repaired.

General Comments:

Overall, a good buy. It's still a Jeep, with a solid front axle (Mine is 2WD), so it rides like a truck, but we expected that. The brakes really wear fast. Most of the driving is highway with little brake use, but every 16K I've had to replace all 4 rotors. The dealer says that's pretty normal. I would not get the leather seats again. They were nothing like leather seats in my Cutlass.

Review Date: 19th December, 2005

9th Sep 2006, 02:26

I must agree, leather is deteriorating fast. Unacceptable for the price. But behind the wheel there is something competition can't offer: authenticity and feeling. And above all, and American legend that inspired the world without compromise.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD I-6 from North America

Year of manufacture2004
Engine and transmission I-6 Automatic
Previous carFord Mustang

Summary:

THERE'S ONLY ONE JEEP - the original - no copycat

So far everything is great no major things have gone wrong with the car. except for a little leak when I wash it, leaks around the left pillar on the side of the dashboard. but nothing major.

General Comments:

Really nice looking car. great pick up and acceleration even with the 6 cyl is great.

Feels very stable in corners and sharp maneuvers (it all depends on how the driver knows how to handle the vehicle)

Fans kind of loud, but still really nice, when speed is decreased fans seems to slow down a bit too when accelerating fans speed up accordingly.

Review Date: 18th October, 2005

16th Mar 2006, 20:38

They let you buy a 2wd model?

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition from North America

Year of manufacture2003
Previous carJeep Grand Cherokee

RB1 GPS Navigation got shot & been replaced twice.

Bulb on instrument cluster blown at 18000 miles.

General Comments:

Great car, expensive to maintain. Especially on V8. Too much labor, such as for transmission fluid change, whole pan has to come off, for axle fluid change whole pan has to come off.

V6 a lot cheaper (they got drain holes), but poor on performance.

Review Date: 6th July, 2005

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition 4.7 V8 from North America

Year of manufacture2004
Engine and transmission 4.7 V8 Automatic
Previous carJeep TJ

No problems to date.

General Comments:

After owning a Wrangler I thought it was time to "move up in the car world" I had recently gotten married and wanted something with more luxury and more able to support a family. I love Jeeps and wanted the Grand Cherokee.

I didn't want to get killed in car payments and was lucky to find that Jeep was offering about 9000 in rebated because of the 05 model upgrade. I was able to get a Special Edition with a V8 for 24000. (33500 list)

There has been nothing that has gone wrong with this Jeep. It has more than enough power and a recently added 5 spd automatic transmission that helps gas mileage and overall shifting.

Obviously the Jeep is great in the snow with the Quadra-trac full time 4-wheel drive. However I was most impressed with the system in the rain. It holds the pavement incredibly. It has NEVER slipped!

My major complaint is the gas mileage. I get about 15-16 mpg. But it's a full-time 4-wheel drive V8 so what else can you expect.

My other major complaints are really my own fault. As I stated earlier I got the Jeep for 24000. Part of that was the incentives and part was not getting leather...sunroof...steering wheel audio controls. I didn't even know they made special editions without leather!! Oh well.

Anyway...I love the Jeep and would HIGHLY recommend the Grand Cherokee to anyone.

Ps Shop around A LOT and you can get a very good price... be patient!

Review Date: 26th June, 2005

11th Oct 2005, 14:27

I too just bought a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition. It is fully loaded with leather and sunroof. It is a straight 6 2WD and I got it for $17,900. I thought that was a bargain! I love the way it drives and it's roomy without being too big. I gave my son my Dodge Avenger (which I LOVED) and was kinda apprehensive that I wouldn't like the Jeep after a month or so, but that's not the case at all. I don't miss the Avenger at all. I would definitely recommend the Grand Cherokee too!