2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition 4.0 from North America

Summary:

Other than the brake problem, the vehicle had been outstanding

My front brake rotors warped after 12,000 miles. Replaced by the dealer and was told that jeep has had problems with this in the past.

Now at 39,000 the rotors are bad again. Otherwise the car has been fine.

After speaking with many service and parts personnel, the solution was a "quality" set of after-market rotors and pads.

General Comments:

So far so good!!!

Review Date: 7th April, 2006

5th May 2006, 12:02

I have had the same experience with the rotors on a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, turned at 19,574 miles, replaced at 27,907 miles. Now at 49,500 the rotors are already terribly warped again. It seems that the stock parts used by Jeep are not "quality".

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 from North America

Summary:

Good buy for the money

Battery went bad at 20,000.

Transmission shifts poorly. When down shifting and up shifting it goes from over drive down to 3rd gear without stopping. When up shifting it shifts from 3rd to 4th and directly into over drive. No dealer has been able to find the problem.

General Comments:

The vehicle is well built and is a great car for the money.

The engine is below average on fuel economy.

The transmission does not shift properly in and out of over drive. Apparently inherent with the I6 engine and automatic transmission.

Mileage is between 16 and 22.5 depending on how hard you drive.

Original tires have not worn well (Goodyear)

Review Date: 24th January, 2006

2nd Mar 2006, 20:46

16mpg or better is considered good for a suv. If mpg is a concern buy another Toyota sedan.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee LIMITED CRD 2,7LT from Turkey

Summary:

Design Flaws Everywhere!!!

I just bought this car, Its Warranty is still valid, expiring in a month. I can't say anything about its reliabilty, but sure thing that I am going to say something about the design of the car.

Please see below:

General Comments:

Now lets start to the real part;

First off all, trading my BMW for this car was a mistake, I admit it. After driving 5 years of BMW, there seems to be endless flaws in this car.

The soft and comfortable appearing seats starts aches in your back after awhile. Besides, it is very hard to find a comfortable position in these seats I don't know why.

2.7Lt Engine seems fast in slow speeds, but as the speed increases (after 120kph) the power of the engine is insufficient for the desired acceleration.

Front console seems so humdrum, undistinguished, I don't understand? ain't this car is in the same category with TOUAREG? X5? LAND CRUISER? why there is absolute "nothing" in the interior? There is even no section in the sun blockers to put the license of the car. It exists even in my wife's Nissan Micra? there is no single compartment I could put my shades in? nothing for little tiny things? There is only the "nothing fits" glove compartment (even the car's manual doesn't fit there) and this big, ugly, clumsy designed Middle section under arm compartment wasted with CD slots!

This car is not warmed up! no I am not talking about the engine, the cabin! My feet are freezing, this car is like full of holes and wind blowing from everywhere! Back seat passengers can't stand their seats, as they cry out the freezing wind blowing (directly to their bottoms) from the hinges of the seats.

This is a car full of design flaws! The Gas pedal is the worst issue! It is soo touchy, soo soft that your feet is enough to bring it down to the middle by its own weight. No need to push or give a force to push, you often try to keep your foot up not to push the pedal giving you uncomfort and rage. I couldn't stand it, and asked my mechanic to fit a spring under the pedal and he did. It is OK now, but still not comfortable enough for my taste, I bear it sadly as there is nothing to do more?!

I don't even mention continously beeping alarm sounds (when you leave the key on car), inaccurate fuel tank gauge, idiotic road computer, tiny "nothing fits" door pockets, never ever accurate working rain sensitive wipers, old fashioned dashboard..

At least this model is more good looking (exterior) than the newer one.

In short, one shouldn't be surprised American car companies are bankrupting. No doubt They are sooo primitive compared to the German and Japanese cars.

Review Date: 26th December, 2005

27th Apr 2006, 11:38

I also have a 2.7 CRD and sorry it is not RARE here in Europe, In fact Diesel engines are more prefered in Europe than cylinder Gasoline engines.

Another correction: 2.7 CRD engine is a Mercedes-Benz engine (since they have merged in past years) used also in Mercedes E-270 CDI. It is a superb engine much reliable and better than the Chrysler ones.