2003 Jeep Liberty Reviews - Page 15 of 16

2003 Jeep Liberty ltd 3.7 liter V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.7 liter V6 Automatic
Previous carChrysler Chevy Blazer

Summary:

A solid dependable truck

General Comments:

The Liberty drives and handles great. However the gas mileage could be better. I like the looks and the interior is roomy and there is plenty of head room. I would recommend the Liberty to anyone looking for a well built top quality truck.

Review Date: 17th July, 2003

18th Sep 2003, 10:19

Roomy Interior? Jeep still has not widened the bottom entry point of the rear doors. Anyone with feet bigger than a size 6 must angle and contort their bodies just to get into the rear seat.

3rd Jan 2004, 10:48

Atleast yo don't need a ladder to climb up into it like a lot of the other SUV's on the market. I love my Liberty and plan to have it for a long time.

21st Mar 2004, 14:57

Just a few comments on my Jeep liberty. It is a great SUV that has lived up to it's reputation. Driving to work I get 20 to 21 MPG. On the road it consistently gets 23 MPG at 75 MPH. I have the 3.7 Liter engine and 5 speed transmission. Pulling an 5 X 10 trailer on a trip to Florida we averaged 17.5 mpg at 65 MPH.. It's fun to drive and very comfortable. I'll keep the Liberty for a very long time.

22nd Dec 2004, 11:56

I love my Jeep Liberty except that I am getting less than 16 miles to the gallon for gas use. Any suggestions?

2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom 3.7L from North America

Engine and transmission 3.7L Automatic
Previous carSuzuki Sidekick

Summary:

Wins The Worst Service Award

My friend discovered that passenger's side floor was soaking wet after I had had the car only a few weeks. It was discovered that the evaporator case had a hole in it and was leaking. This took three days to fix. When the car was returned to me the floor was still wet. The service adviser said that this was because the carpet had been shampooed, but the flooring was never lifted to dry out or replace the padding. The floor still smelled musty.

Service adviser, sales manager and service manager were unwilling to help. I was hung up on the first time I called Chrysler by a representative that said it wasn't their problem. The second representative I talked to called the service manager, but he has not yet called me back.

I also notice a slight vibration when the car is stopped at stop lights. I haven't mentioned this to the dealer and am not sure if it is just a characteristic of the car.

General Comments:

Note to prospective buyers: Jeep's fabulous 7 year/70,000 warranty doesn't cover rentals. I was able to get my rental paid for this time, but it took a lot of calls.

Review Date: 19th June, 2003

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited 3.7 from North America

Most recent distance20000 miles
Previous carJeep Cherokee

Summary:

Vastly inferior to its predecessor

No defects as of yet.

General Comments:

The Liberty has an odd, squashed look from the side. The exterior mounted spare detracts from the cars appearance as well. The seats are much too firm, the ride too harsh, visibility is terrible. Fuel economy is poor, performance is marginal. Cargo area is a joke. The vehicle looks like is was designed and built for the ladies. As an owner of a 2000 Cherokee, (which sadly my wife drives), the Liberty is inferior in almost every category.

Review Date: 6th June, 2003

11th Jun 2003, 04:26

That's odd, I think the Liberty is a big improvement.

Handling, space, looks, build quality, safety and interior finish is much better than the old Cherokee.

I think you are a bit cross about the fact that your Cherokee looks a bit dated now, but hey, everybody moved on en so should you.

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 3.7L V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.7L V6 Automatic
Previous carFord Escort

Summary:

A great SUV at an awesome price!

So far, so good. There have been no issues of any type with my Jeep.

General Comments:

The 3.7L V6 offers a lot of power and is whisper quiet. The interior and exterior are quite stylish and attract attention. The options the sport model come with are great. The 4X4 capability is legendary. Gas mileage could be a little better. The deep tinted glass is a must for this car. I got this SUV for under $20,000 with a 7 year, 70,000 mile, bumper to bumper warranty. I also drove the Escape, Santa Fe, and Tribute. None even come close to the Liberty in performance or price. I love this SUV!

Review Date: 5th June, 2003

29th Mar 2004, 21:06

DID you happen to get this specific liberty out the door for under 20k? And if so could you tell me what options your jeep has? Where did you purchase, what a great deal!