1. Driver's seat was slightly cracked when purchased. I chalk it up to the previous owner.
2. Kick plate came off, reinstalled by dealer. Paid $17.00 for replacement clips.
3. CD player is going out. It only plays music on the right side. It comes and goes whenever I hit a bump in the road or come to a stop. Very annoying, I plan on just buying an aftermarket unit. Common issue.
4. Driver and front passenger doors will sometimes not open, although they appear to be unlocked. For instance, I got out of my car to check the mail, left the car running and closed the door. Had to call pop-lock ($40.00) to let me back in, even though the lock was in-between the 'lock' and 'unlock' position. My only guess is the force from closing the door caused this.
5. A.C. belt squeals horribly anytime it rains or water splashes under the car. I usually just ride in heat when it rains to avoid embarrassment.
6. My car makes the infamous 'chainsaw' noise at startup, especially when the car is cold. I've done some research on these issues, and I've been told it's the timing chain. Very pricey to remedy this.
7. Hear a knock and ping in the engine, although I only use premium gas and have had all oil changes performed at Nissan since purchase. I assume it's because of the larger displacement of the engine; I've heard other Maximas that sound similar.
8. My biggest concern is the transmission. Last winter I began to notice hard shifting between 1-2 and 2-3. Took it to Nissan and was informed that my tranny fluid was black and needed to be flushed and refilled, $140.00. This helped, but it's still there, mostly noticeable when the car is cold. A close friend of mine just experienced tranny failure in his 05, but I can't vouch for his treatment of his car.