1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT 3.4 from North America

Summary:

I wish I would've researched this car before buying it

Blower Switch replaced 2 times.

Battery and Alt. replaced 1 time.

Brake Pads and Roters 3 times.

Intake Manifold replaced 1 time.

Turn signal switch replaced 2 times.

Horrible grinding or rubbing sound coming from front wheels.

Sunroof opens all the way when it wants to.

General Comments:

This car is a beautiful red car, but at 98,000 miles, it is literally falling apart.

Review Date: 4th April, 2006

1999 Pontiac Grand Am base model from North America

Summary:

This car is okay

The first thing that I noticed was the pulsating. It didn't seem to affect the braking nor the steering. I spoke with a mechanic at work and he advised me to have the rotors turned.

Then recently the front end started making this awful grinding growly noise. I had just bought tires from Les Shwab so I took it back and had them look at it. The told me someone had put the brake pads on backwards.

I had them do the brake job and that's when they found that I needed the front wheel hub assembly replaced. That will cost me $316 dollars. I did buy an extended warranty when I bought the car, but it has a $250 deductible so I might as well have Les Shwab take care of it and know that it will be done right.

Thanks to this forum, I will have them put the Shims in the brakes too so that the pulsing doesn't return. I will have them do that when I have the hubs replaced.

Other small things about the car, the fabric is separating from the rear door panels and the rug liner in the trunk has also pulled away from the body. Also the volume control on the radio is temperamental.

I have also had the problem of the car not starting because of its internal security feature. I have solved that problem. When it happens I take the key and put it in the lock on the driver's side door. Then I lock and unlock the door. Try it with the door closed. That seems to take care of the problem. I found that little trick by accident when I had Jiffy Lube change the oil and it wouldn't start.

It's only happened on other time when my girlfriend was going to take the car to work and it wouldn't start for her.

General Comments:

Well, I am glad that I found this site. Thanks to all of you perhaps the next couple of years will be fairly easy. We shall see. Definitely getting rid of the car soon.

Review Date: 27th March, 2006

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2.4 from North America

Summary:

Great car for the price

Wheel Alignment by previous owner.

Battery replacement by previous owner.

Replace alternator at 33,000.

Slight oil seepage, but nothing I'm worried about.

General Comments:

Car looks good and is fun to drive. I have had no problems so far that I am concerned about, however I do not drive the car much and when I do it's mostly highway driving. Time will tell.

The only thing I really hate are the automatic headlights. I would like to be able to turn them on and off when I want to.

Review Date: 17th March, 2006

26th Oct 2006, 22:53

You can fix the automatic lights. I, myself don't know how, but my husband did it. he said he just had to remove a fuse? the only downfall with that is the "service vehicle" light will be on, because it is missing the fuse. otherwise, we can turn the lights on and off as we please... which is really nice. He says he knows how to turn off the service light, so we'll work on that too. If you want, you can e-mail me, and I can send you info of how to do it... when my husband is around. Spitfire_fox420@hotmail.com. All I know it only took a couple minutes. so it was obviously easy. Later. Mia.