2007 Toyota Camry XLE 3.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

High Mileage Performer

Only things that have gone wrong over the lifetime of the car are replacing parts that wear out. Alternator, some suspension parts, radiator, etc. Engine and transmission are still going strong at 280k+.

General Comments:

I'm at 283000 miles on it and plan to get at least 300k. All miles were on the original transmission and engine. With good maintenance, this thing will keep on going. Performance is still great, averaging 29 MPG on the roads.

Review Date: 15th January, 2017

2007 Toyota Camry from North America

Summary:

Absolutely love it!

I haven't had any issues with my Camry.

General Comments:

I love my Hybrid Camry. I have owned it for five years, and have 114,000 miles on it. We have had no major repairs on it. All we've had to invest in the car is the regular maintenance of oil changes, brakes, and new tires.

We average 37 MPG, and we've had over 40 MPG on the highway on road trips.

The Camry is very comfortable and roomy in the front and back of the car. I bought the full package with the heated leather seats, sunroof, and built in GPS. Five years later I am still in love with this car, and feel like a queen when I drive it.

Review Date: 16th April, 2012

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

My 3rd, my worst, my last!

This car is plagued with rattles, electric, and quality issues. The rattles come from the dash, driver's door panel, and center counsel.

Electric problems include power window switches, check engine electronic codes, keyless entry and faulty alternator, and now the new alternator makes a humming noise. The dealer claims "it's not broken in yet"; good one!

Also the exhaust hangs low.

General Comments:

Good handling and comfort, decent power from the 4 banger. Better exterior styling than the 2002 model I had prior.

This will be my third and last Camry and Toyota for that matter. I had a 96, the best car I ever owned. An 02, good but not great. This one flat out sucks with lousy service.

Review Date: 25th June, 2011

26th Jun 2011, 14:01

My condolences. 2007 was the year Consumer Reports actually retracted its recommendation of the Camry because of so many problems. From 2007 on, the build quality and reliability of much of Toyota's product line have been severely compromised.

Our friends who bought a 2007 Camry have spent much time waiting on repairs at their dealership. The quality seems to be coming back up a little now, though it is still pretty bad. Due to the drop in quality and the massive recalls, I don't recommend Toyota unless you are a highly competent mechanic.

4th Feb 2012, 21:36

Had an '07 Camry in the workshop last year. Only 30000kms and all shocks were shot, and the rack was leaking badly!!! Toyota has gone downhill since the ACV36 in 2002.. in my opinion.

5th Feb 2012, 12:49

23 million recalls does not indicate a reliable, well-built car.

2007 Toyota Camry inline 4 from North America

Summary:

WHY?!?!?!

Too many problems in four years. The dealership was really no help, but when the car is under warranty, that's the place to go.

1. Terrible brakes, the pads have been replaced twice.

2. Transmission is very problematic, and dealer admits this.

3. Original tires separating at 20,000 miles.

4. Check engine light on. Every time it's supposedly fixed, it comes back on.

5. Door lock actuator bad.

6. Oil pan leaking oil (no gasket, they use straight silicone); no wonder it leaks.

General Comments:

For a car that I take care of, it just has too many problems with poor workmanship. I do like the car, but won't be caught dead in another Toyota.

Review Date: 18th June, 2011

25th Jun 2011, 16:17

My 2007 Camry is also plagued with check engine code issues. I just found this site, and wrote a review about it ten minutes ago. What are some of the reasons yours comes on?

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 2.5 from North America

Well it is a very reliable comfortable car, with many luxurious options. However the only problem with the car is the squeaks that you hear in winter, which could be fixed if you have purchased the car under manufacturer warranty, or for approximately 400$ if not under warranty.

General Comments:

Overall, I am pleased with the car.

Review Date: 10th April, 2011