2007 Toyota Camry from North America

Summary:

Absolutely love it!

I haven't had any issues with my Camry.

General Comments:

I love my Hybrid Camry. I have owned it for five years, and have 114,000 miles on it. We have had no major repairs on it. All we've had to invest in the car is the regular maintenance of oil changes, brakes, and new tires.

We average 37 MPG, and we've had over 40 MPG on the highway on road trips.

The Camry is very comfortable and roomy in the front and back of the car. I bought the full package with the heated leather seats, sunroof, and built in GPS. Five years later I am still in love with this car, and feel like a queen when I drive it.

Review Date: 16th April, 2012

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

My 3rd, my worst, my last!

This car is plagued with rattles, electric, and quality issues. The rattles come from the dash, driver's door panel, and center counsel.

Electric problems include power window switches, check engine electronic codes, keyless entry and faulty alternator, and now the new alternator makes a humming noise. The dealer claims "it's not broken in yet"; good one!

Also the exhaust hangs low.

General Comments:

Good handling and comfort, decent power from the 4 banger. Better exterior styling than the 2002 model I had prior.

This will be my third and last Camry and Toyota for that matter. I had a 96, the best car I ever owned. An 02, good but not great. This one flat out sucks with lousy service.

Review Date: 25th June, 2011

26th Jun 2011, 14:01

My condolences. 2007 was the year Consumer Reports actually retracted its recommendation of the Camry because of so many problems. From 2007 on, the build quality and reliability of much of Toyota's product line have been severely compromised.

Our friends who bought a 2007 Camry have spent much time waiting on repairs at their dealership. The quality seems to be coming back up a little now, though it is still pretty bad. Due to the drop in quality and the massive recalls, I don't recommend Toyota unless you are a highly competent mechanic.

4th Feb 2012, 21:36

Had an '07 Camry in the workshop last year. Only 30000kms and all shocks were shot, and the rack was leaking badly!!! Toyota has gone downhill since the ACV36 in 2002.. in my opinion.

5th Feb 2012, 12:49

23 million recalls does not indicate a reliable, well-built car.

2007 Toyota Camry inline 4 from North America

Summary:

WHY?!?!?!

Too many problems in four years. The dealership was really no help, but when the car is under warranty, that's the place to go.

1. Terrible brakes, the pads have been replaced twice.

2. Transmission is very problematic, and dealer admits this.

3. Original tires separating at 20,000 miles.

4. Check engine light on. Every time it's supposedly fixed, it comes back on.

5. Door lock actuator bad.

6. Oil pan leaking oil (no gasket, they use straight silicone); no wonder it leaks.

General Comments:

For a car that I take care of, it just has too many problems with poor workmanship. I do like the car, but won't be caught dead in another Toyota.

Review Date: 18th June, 2011

25th Jun 2011, 16:17

My 2007 Camry is also plagued with check engine code issues. I just found this site, and wrote a review about it ten minutes ago. What are some of the reasons yours comes on?

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 2.5 from North America

Well it is a very reliable comfortable car, with many luxurious options. However the only problem with the car is the squeaks that you hear in winter, which could be fixed if you have purchased the car under manufacturer warranty, or for approximately 400$ if not under warranty.

General Comments:

Overall, I am pleased with the car.

Review Date: 10th April, 2011

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 3.5L from North America

Summary:

Not as good as I thought

Problems with suspension at 60,000 km. The struts are leaking oil and the car feels like it's on springs only. The slightest bump throws you around like a puppet. The soft ride also results in some serious body roll, so all that power is pretty useless.

The interior feels cheap. Plastic everywhere, even the leather on the seats and steering feels like vinyl almost. When driving over a bumpy road, the whole car makes zinging and squeaking noises. And the fake "wood" trim is so pathetic, it doesn't even try to mimic real wood.

General Comments:

Very powerful engine. In a straight line, this rivals most muscle cars. The engines revs up to 5,000 rpm with little effort and even makes a nice noise. If they could only fit this engine into a Subaru Impreza or a Honda S2000, what a car that would be! Mileage is not impressive, but what V6 is? 9L/100km on hwy and 12 city, and in the winter it's up to about 14 in the city and 10 on the hwy.

Smooth transmission. Six speed automatic with sport mode, gear shift is seamless. The onboard computer changes gears according to your driving style; if driving calm, it will shift earlier saving gas. But if you step on the pedal a bit more aggressively, it shifts a bit later, using all the power the engine has to offer. Nicely done.

Feels very safe. Braking is excellent thanks to four wheel disc brakes and ABS. There is no fish tailing, no matter what the surface, gravel, snow, wet road. Vehicle Stability Control is also present every time the wheels slip; it corrects the car immediately, never had a problem in winter.

Roomy interior and trunk. Not much to say here, except the rear seats recline just like airline seats, which your passengers will appreciate on a longer trip.

Overall, this car is good, but not great. It has a lot of potential, and it's too bad to see that they splurged on bluetooth, push button start, premium sound, leather, but they were cheap on more important things that make driving enjoyable, like a better suspension.

Review Date: 16th March, 2011