2007 Toyota Camry XLE 3.5 from North America

Summary:

Reliable, dependable transportation

No mechanical issues with this vehicle. All applicable factory recalls complied with.

General Comments:

This car has performed flawlessly. No problems with since vehicle since I purchased it new.

Recently had the VVT-i oil line replaced per factory recall. No problems with engine, transmission, or any unusual acceleration issues. I will probably keep this car until at least 200,000 miles.

Review Date: 1st April, 2010

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 3.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

Should run more than 60,000 miles

Three coils went out at less than 60,000 miles, and transmission went out at 63,000 miles.

General Comments:

If you want a new car to run for more than three years, don't purchase this car.

Review Date: 14th January, 2010

2007 Toyota Camry CE 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Beware of this car

The gas mileage is disappointing. This 4 Cyl. car gets about 20 miles per gallon.

The transmission is flawed. When I start out in forward or in reverse, the engine hesitates.

Plastic pieces from the door handle and other parts inside have fallen off.

General Comments:

I asked the dealer about the mileage and I was told it would improve with age. The dealer admitted that Toyota had increased the car's size and weight, which is why the mileage is so poor. The gas mileage has not improved.

The dealer also admitted that the transmission has a problem, which could not fixed.

This is the fourth Toyota that I purchased. It will be my last Toyota.

Review Date: 4th May, 2009

2007 Toyota Camry SE 3.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

Not the normal good quality I expect from Toyota

There have been non stop problems with the transmission, and the suspension and now the driver's window are not working.

General Comments:

This car would be a great car if Toyota put the normal work in fit in finish that they have grown their company on. It has a great feel to the steering wheel and great options, but the transmission needs to be re-tooled.

Review Date: 7th April, 2009

2007 Toyota Camry LE 2.4 from North America

Summary:

I think it was Volkswagen that really made this car, and sold it Toyota and renamed it the Camry

Muffler replaced at 5,000 miles because I was driving too fast over a bump, and because this car is so low to the ground, the muffler hit the bottom and was destroyed.

Tire size is way too big for the car.

Cheap plastic from top to bottom.

Brakes are starting to wear at only 17,000 miles.

Suspension is always squeaky, and the dealer can never find out the cause of that. They are right now deciding if they should replace the whole suspension under warranty.

General Comments:

What has gone wrong with Toyota with the styling? My wife had another Toyota a long time ago, and that was a good car, but this one is the worst car I ever had since I first drove in 1949 (I'm 78 years old and I'm not afraid to say). This car reminds me more of a Volkswagen than a Toyota. Everybody including my wife says Toyotas are very reliable, but my last Minivan was way more reliable. My wife talked me into getting this car because of its reliability, which is false, and also because of the high gas prices we had in the past, and it does get good gas mileage, which is the only thing I like about the car.

We did need another car to replace our high mileage and gas sucking Ford Windstar, which gave us no major problems until it reached 180,000 miles. Time is money for me, and I'm not saving with this car being at the dealer half the time. If these problems don't get resolved, I'm going to file for buyout under lemon law.

Review Date: 3rd January, 2009

4th Jan 2009, 12:10

Don't be so quick to blame yourself for driving too fast over a bump and taking out your muffler. Look underneath some other Camries. In between the engine and muffler there is an exhaust pipe that has a bend designed into it. On about half the Camries you look under, you will see the pipe has twisted so the bend only gives the car about 3 inches of ground clearance. When the car was brand new the ground clearance was about 5 inches like most other cars. Since you had already noticed limited ground clearance, I bet your exhaust pipe had twisted down and you were hearing scraping noises over bumps.

This is a design flaw in the Camry exhaust system. Since becoming aware of this I have been looking under other cars and pretty much the Camry is the only car with this problem, although sometimes I see it on a Lexus too. I am surprised more people don't complain about it. I guess most Camry drivers just get used to driving super slow over speed bumps to avoid scraping and they just aren't aware that the Camry is unusual in this regard.

29th Nov 2009, 20:20

Funny, my mother has a 2007 Camry and she is normally famous for scraping the bottoms of her cars on things, but she has yet to destroy her exhaust system or have squeaky suspension. Don't drive the car like an SUV/minivan and you might not have these problems.