2007 Toyota Camry SE V6 3.5L V6 268hp from North America

Summary:

This car offers a lot of extras, but you must sacrifice some too for it

I told the dealer to install XM satellite radio because the JBL audio system supports this add-on. While they did have it installed at time of delivery, they failed to ACTIVATE my free 6 months of service. I kept on bothering them about it, but only THREE months later did they finally do it.

I also told the dealer to install the rear Park Pilot system (4 sensor) before delivering my car. They only installed 2 sensors.

I later had a different Toyota dealer install the other 2 successfully.

I had a front dash rattling noise which a third Toyota dealer fixed successfully.

The front passenger seatbelt panel wasn't aligned properly in the interior. The third Toyota dealer fixed it.

I have the well-known 3-4 gear transmission flare. However I don't want it fixed because that may involve a brand new transmission. I don't want dealers touching my car anymore. They are not capable of putting anything back together properly.

The XM satellite reception is sometimes poor when I'm far from metropolitan areas. This was not so in the same places back in my old Toyota Echo. On that car, I had done the install myself.

In-built Homelink garage door opener doesn't recognize my home garage nor cottage garage codes. I asked dealer about it and they said they cannot help me because they'd have to come to my home.

General Comments:

This car has excellent thrust. However, 268hp is too much for a FWD car in 1st gear. You cannot launch this car fast in 1st gear because it spins the wheels too much. And then the traction control kicks in... launch is useless. Too much torque steer in 1st and 2nd gears.

Excellent JBL audio system. 6 speakers (rears are actually coaxial) and 440W. Bluetooth phone capability. In-dash 6CD changer which reads MP3s and WMAs. Available XM radio add-on. Steering wheel controls, too!

The car handles very well because it has a front cross brace, and rear cross brace. As a result, however you cannot fold the rear seats. The car also comes with larger wheels and tires. Also, it has a sport suspension and body kit. 0.01 cD lower drag, too!

The car does not absorb any bumps though. You will feel the road surface through your seat. Steering does communicate well back to the driver.

The car sits too low, so you must be careful with all sidewalk curbs, ramps and speed bumps. The maximum speed for speed bumps is about 30km/h. I must keep my tires a little over-inflated, else the car will scratch its nose when going down my condo's garage ramp.

Brakes cut-off very well and resist fade a long time. Excellent, sensitive brake feel.

Excellent interior room for front and rear passengers! Lots of legroom for all. Headroom can be a concern in the front if you like your driver's seat back to be more upright. Getting in and out of the front seats is difficult. I have to use the steering wheel as a handle. I frequently smash my head when getting in. Steering wheel doesn't tilt upwards far enough. Once you do sit down, the driver's seat offers an excellent lumbar support adjustable via a button.

Review Date: 11th September, 2007

18th Sep 2007, 13:29

Can I ask why you would want to purchase another Toyota when you have had several problems with a car that has been driven less than 10,000 miles and received such poor service at the dealer? Don't tell me, Toyota is the best right? Well, your review says otherwise. Try a domestic, you just might be surprised.

2007 Toyota Camry LE w/ alloy wheel package 2.4 VVT-i 4 cylinder 5 speed from North America

Summary:

Very Pleased :)

The first night we had it, a mud flap came loose on the interstate and one of the screws from it caused a minor leak in one of the rear tires. Both of these issues were resolved the next day by the dealer.

There is a slight hesitation that comes and goes when accelerating. This will be addressed at the first oil change.

Absolutely nothing else so far.

General Comments:

This car will spoil you rotten!! I recently drove it for about five hours WITHOUT stopping and did not get tired at all. This car rides about as heavenly as the previous-generation Avalon.

The performance is very respectable, the four cylinder moves about as eagerly as our Buick Regal that had a 3.8 V6. Fuel economy is about the same as that car so far at an average of 26 MPG. This VVT-i engine makes a very racy sound when you stomp the gas pedal to pass someone and it moves on around them with authority, not leaving you out in oncoming traffic.

This car has everything that our Regal had except for leather seats, which we do not really care about one way or the other. The only things that the Regal had that I sort of wish this car has are fog lights, sport body moldings, and sport suspension. That said, this stuff is available, we just did not want to pay the large premium for the Camry SE V6 on the lot that had all of that.

One gripe I have is the dash lighting. The center stack lights up in teal at night, the gauges are a whitish-blue, and the other controls are green. These are all pleasant colors, but the fact that they do not match is kind of weird, and the center teal stack is a little intense at night.

It's hard to imagine much more car for the money, especially given the trusty Toyota pedigree. If this car is as perfectly reliable as our Regal was, which it should be since it is a Toyota, then we are in for a real treat!

Review Date: 7th September, 2007

8th Sep 2007, 17:02

I can't imagine trading in my Buick for a Toyota. Talk about trading down. I am grateful I live in Indiana where I don't have to see too many of these cars on the road. We Hoosiers still purchase 80% domestic. I am proud of that statistic, but I wish it were still true of the rest of our nation.