1993 Dodge Shadow Reviews - Page 3 of 9

Model year1993
Engine and transmission 3.0 V6 Manual
Most recent distance201326 miles
Previous carDodge D50

Summary:

Fast, fun, and reliable

Since I've had the car:

Plug wire burnt out, due to previous owner thinking he was a mechanic.

Tires.

Ball-joints.

Headliner came down completely.

And some rattles and other various noises, which I hear is common.

General Comments:

This is a very quick and agile car, which surprises most people. You can easily reach 110 in 5th gear with half throttle. This car has been driven by everyone and beat daily. I am actually surprised it still runs. I bought it from a friend for 100 dollars. It's great to see the looks on peoples face when they are passed by a purple shadow. If you buy one of these cars, but a radar detector since they are very easy to speed with.

Review Date: 2nd November, 2004

1993 Dodge Shadow ES V6 3.0 Liter from North America

Engine and transmission V6 3.0 Liter Automatic

Summary:

A small, yet roomy, car with power

I had to replace the water pump at 133,000 miles.

The radiator was also clogged beyond repair so I had to replace that at 133,000 miles.

The fuel pump went out on me and needed to be replaced at 142,000.

General Comments:

When I bought this car I took it to a very well-known, respectable mechanic and had the inspect everything before I bought it. He told me that there is a minor coolant leak in one of the hoses. That minor coolant leak turned out to be a broken water pump and clogged radiator, which both needed replacing.

Other than the fact that I spent more money on it in repairs than what I bought it for, I really liked it.

Only about 22 MPG, and a lot of them were freeway miles.

It was very roomy for such a small looking car. I am 6' 2" and I was comfortable.

My shadow was just totaled by a hit and run so I might be bitter about the fact that I put about $1,000 worth of work into it over a span of 9 months and then I can't even enjoy it.

Review Date: 19th June, 2004

1st Aug 2005, 15:10

Hey I'm 15 and getting a Dodge Shadow ES for my first car. It is free, so I am going to take the car. I hope it runs good.

14th Jun 2008, 23:30

I have had my 1993 Dodge Shadow ES convertible for over ten years, in three states, and I will never sell her. She is slowly wearing down but can still perform, I have replaced about everything, and am now trying to get a new top. She is still fast, corners nicely, and is just fun. Electronics wearing down in the Lake Havasu City heat (118 today) so I think she has about 130,000 miles, I sometime get the speedometer to work, and I still wonder what the big bulge on the hood is for :) My only big complaint are the automatic windows, they are poorly designed.

14th Jan 2009, 17:12

I agree the windows can be a problem, especially if you have a gassy passenger. But it's really nothing to make a stink about all things considered. So I ride solo mostly. It has a great package & overall it's a very fun good quality car.

1993 Dodge Shadow 2.2L from North America