1993 Dodge Shadow ES 4 Banger from North America
A cheap POS
I had this car a total of 6 months and it was a nightmare. Towed 3 times, paying huge MONTHLY service bills.
- Clutch going
- Numerous electrical gremlins
- Fuses constantly being replaced
- Timing belt replaced
- Tie rod ends
- Abnormal tire wear
- Door misalignment leading to noise
- Paint literally falling off and chipping everywhere
- Started to get a knock in the block
- Alternator went
- Starter went
- Emergency brake stick leading to pad wear
- Distributer cap
- Sunroof misalignment leading to noise.
- The look of the ES was awsome! Bright white with black tint. Side skirts, aggressive rear end.. good solid handling, fun to drive everyday.
- The red interior was nice and clean(IMO)
- Cheap on gas, Cheap on parts.
- The rear speakers are mounted in a strange place
The condition of the car was astronomically disastrous!!
I don't know if it was a lemon or what, but we were paying into the thing monthly. The car was not in any way reliable, stranding us at will.
The paint was literally chipping off in chunks.. with the metal rusting underneath. I later found out that year of paint job was bad.
Also, the car was totaled in a minor accident where the second car had no damage at all.. (lady turned left in front of me on a green)
I compare this car to a disposable Bic Lighter.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 31st January, 2004
Hi. I am sorry for all the trouble you had. You just got a lemon. I'd like to know if you inspected the car before buying it? But you seem to be simply unlucky, because Shadow/Sundance have good reliability and durability, in most of the case.
I own a 1993 dodge shadow es 2 door 3.0 V6 5 speed. If you were to offer me a viper or a corvette in trade for my shadow, I would turn you down flat!My shadow took off at a stoplight, a brand new mustang gt like I was racing a Yugo. sure my car has her problems, but my girlfriend and I owned it for 3 years and had no maintainance to speak of and still runs like new.I've read on the internet that top speed of a V6 5 speed shadow/duster is 140MPH in stock shape, wow!
Everything he mentions is typical of a car with such a huge mileage.