A cheap POS
I had this car a total of 6 months and it was a nightmare. Towed 3 times, paying huge MONTHLY service bills.
- Clutch going
- Numerous electrical gremlins
- Fuses constantly being replaced
- Timing belt replaced
- Tie rod ends
- Abnormal tire wear
- Door misalignment leading to noise
- Paint literally falling off and chipping everywhere
- Started to get a knock in the block
- Alternator went
- Starter went
- Emergency brake stick leading to pad wear
- Distributer cap
- Sunroof misalignment leading to noise.
- The look of the ES was awsome! Bright white with black tint. Side skirts, aggressive rear end.. good solid handling, fun to drive everyday.
- The red interior was nice and clean(IMO)
- Cheap on gas, Cheap on parts.
- The rear speakers are mounted in a strange place
The condition of the car was astronomically disastrous!!
I don't know if it was a lemon or what, but we were paying into the thing monthly. The car was not in any way reliable, stranding us at will.
The paint was literally chipping off in chunks.. with the metal rusting underneath. I later found out that year of paint job was bad.
Also, the car was totaled in a minor accident where the second car had no damage at all.. (lady turned left in front of me on a green)
I compare this car to a disposable Bic Lighter.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 31st January, 2004