1994 Dodge Shadow 2.2 litre from North America

Summary:

It's not my '92 Iroc Z Camaro... but close enough and more reliable!

A/C went out. Previous owner had recharge done that 'destroyed' the system. $431 to fix (recharge, replace parts).

Engine light appeared to go AWOL; timing off due to clutch drawing more power, oxygen sensor AWOL.

Didn't get the 3.0 V6...

General Comments:

For a 2.2l 4cyl... it flys, even will peel out (front wheel drive). Has no problem keeping up speed.

Bravo on the handling!

Excellent ABS braking system.

There is no better car for the cash, and you can't get more value out of it. It's a fun car to drive, with a feel that is seriously above its class in terms of power and control. I don't even worry about jumping on the freeway in Phoenix...

Factory paint is peeling on roof, but is that really worth counting down upon the car?

No center arm rest :(

Review Date: 28th April, 2002

23rd Mar 2004, 20:41

No 92 iroc could be a 90.

8th Jun 2004, 23:47

I thought the Iroc was discontinued in 89. I own an 87:p As for the peeling paint on the shadow, a friend of mine has the same thing going on. Still pretty zippy. I'm bying it.

17th Dec 2009, 20:41

Happens on all of Chrysler's cars from the nineties..

It's a new innovation! Self-stripping paint!

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 3.0L V6 from North America

Summary:

With this good quality you should be broke, but you don't run you wallet dry on the price

It has a lack of low end power.

The dash is extremely square looking.

It has problems getting into first gear some times.

General Comments:

I only paid three thousand dollars for this powerhouse.

I have had no work done to it other than oil changes and new tires.

Handles like a dream.

Governed at 104 miles an hour, makes it hard to win a race.

0-60 in roughly 10 seconds, this will be improved, and can be.

Review Date: 29th January, 2002

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback 2.2 liter 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

An OK car

Fuel filter clogged.

Something is rattling underneath the car, I have to find out what it is.

Passenger window falls off track.

Replaced the clutch.

Replaced the factory stereo with a Jensen CD player with 2 10 inch subs and 1 12 sub with a 400 watt amp.

General Comments:

A good running car considering I run it as fast and as quick as it will go.

Good first car.

Very reliable.

I have taken it from Michigan to Georgia 5 or 6 times.

Review Date: 11th November, 2001

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 3.0 from North America

Summary:

A lemon for its price

The paint is faded in some spots.

My clutch blew at 116,214 miles.

The engine blew at 118,000 miles.

General Comments:

This car is quick for what it is.

Although it breaks down too often.

The car costs more to maintain than it did to buy.

I am very unhappy because I expected more out of a car that cost more than 4000.00 dollars.

Review Date: 1st October, 2001

28th May 2004, 01:45

First, I would like to mention that a clutch going out at 118k miles is the norm on any vehicle. Second, the V6 in the Shadow is actually a Mitsubishi engine, so thank them for that nightmare.

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 2.5L (no turbo) from North America

Summary:

It would be as nice at twice the price

Battery died - 88652 miles.

General Comments:

Considering it was replaced by the Neon, this car feels much better. I test drove a 1995 Neon right before the Shadow ES and felt like I was in a go-kart. The Shadow feels much larger and more stable than its 4 cylinder successor.

Gas mileage has been great thus far, ranging from 25-28 mpg.

Performance is pretty good for the size of the engine. It was one of the best 4 cylinders for that year I am told.

Mostly unsupported by the aftermarket, unlike small imports and even the Neon. But still some modifications are available to improve the performance value of the vehicle.

Overall great economy and thrills for a relatively low price.

A good car if you don't care about woofers and body kits.

Review Date: 21st July, 2001

1994 Dodge Shadow LX 2.2 L from North America

Summary:

Great car for anyone!!

Nothing major has gone wrong with this car.

General Comments:

So far nothing MAJOR has gone wrong with it..

Paint still is on (no chipping anywhere). Seems this car has a lot of Pin Hole rust though... and the underside of the doors are starting to rust. I live in Buffalo NY, so it'll happen no matter what.

The owners before me kept it in SUPERB condition.. regular maintenance etc.. that is what made this car last.

A good car friend of mine said this car looks as if the engine only saw 40000 miles.

AC still runs cold after 1 recharge.

EMail me if you need an questions answered or wanna exchange stories and what not about the car. admin@womerica.com

Review Date: 29th June, 2001

13th Jan 2002, 18:34

I would appreciate it greatly if you could email me the layout of the fuse box (on drivers side of car) and what fuses goes where and what for.

Need help!!! Darryll.