2001 Ford F150 King Ranch 4x4 5.4L V8 from North America

Summary:

Built Ford tough

Fuel pump went at 80k - expected.

Leather king ranch seats are a pain to maintain - sun damage from previous owner.

Noise from power steering.

Sunroof rattles.

General Comments:

BUILT FORD TOUGH.

I absolutely love this truck. Really sharp, go with the King Ranch if you can afford it. So reliable and so, so powerful.

I work on a farm, and nothing stops this truck. Can go through anything and everything, no problem.

I haven't calculated the fuel economy exactly, but I can go two weeks on one tank, and I do a lot of driving each day. I got a 25 gallon tank in this truck.

Very comfortable ride. The gas pedal and steering are very 'responsive'. Mine's not reached 100k, but I have no doubt it will rack up high mileage.

I will only drive Fords - no cheap GM truck can compare. Ford is an overall better built company. I laugh at other trucks. Built Ford tough.

Review Date: 1st November, 2010

27th Mar 2012, 07:34

You won't be laughing at the other trucks when your spark plug(s) blow out of that Triton.

2001 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew 5.4 Liter from North America

Summary:

230,000 miles and counting

Two separate occasions, it has blown a spark plug out of the engine block. Enough to scare a grown man. Once was at a stop sign, the other was on the highway. I limped it to the side of the road and drove it 5 miles (can't go above 25 mph or starts to kick and buck) to the nearest Ford dealer. Took around 5 hours and cost about 700 dollars.

Other than that, typical wear for a truck with 230,000 miles on it. Just keep up with the normal maintenance such as fluids, bearings, brakes, and it will last you're a long time.

Starting to rust under door sills, but 10 years of Minnesota and Chicago winters will do that to the best of them.

General Comments:

This car has been amazing. Besides blowing a couple spark plugs (this is a known problem, but Ford won't acknowledge it), it has never let me down. It's been through more mud than most trucks ever see, and after a quick wash, it was good to go. 4x4 is a must if you live in any place with snow. If you haven't experienced a 2wd truck in the snow, it isn't too much fun.

With 230,000 miles, it keeps on 'trucking'. The truck is a daily driver, so that meant (and means) driving from my home to Chicago and back (traffic!) for a few years, 100's of trips to Michigan for fishing and snowmobiling (Including pulling a trailer dozen's of times), and long distance road trips to other states.

The bed as been used to haul rock for gravel road maintenance, haul ATV's and snowmobiles, and various other stuff.

Gas mileage is suffering now. It probably needs new O2 sensors but usually I can average 14 mpg on the highway. It's no Prius, but what car can do the things I've done with this truck?

My truck has been perfect, and I'd imagine if you do the minimum maintenance requirements, you will have the same luck with your truck. With over 200 thousand miles, I still wouldn't hesitate to go across country with it.

Review Date: 26th May, 2010

2001 Ford F150 4.2 from North America

Summary:

Build Ford tough

Tires, brakes and oil changes.

At 90,000 had to put plugs, wires and coil.

At 110,000 rear end bearings and seals.

General Comments:

This has been a good truck; as tough as nails.

Pull gooseneck trailers with this truck; does a good job. Pulled 12,000 pounds with this truck more than once.

Has been a good truck on my farm. Does what I ask it to do.

Review Date: 31st December, 2009

2001 Ford F150 XLT- FX4 Off Road 4.6 triton from North America

Summary:

Nicely built American truck that can handle everything, the F150 is the BEST truck your $ can buy

I've had a few repairs with this truck such as tie rod and a some sort of joint on the drive-shaft; neither of them a big deal. Also the standard brakes and tires, regular maintenance.

General Comments:

This truck is awesome, a very good looking truck. Definitely the best looking truck you could buy back in 2002.

The power of the 4.6 is a little weak, and when I buy another F150 it will definitely be the 5.4.

The truck is bad on gas in the city; to be expected, and you can squeeze out 19 mpg on the highway.

The cabin is nice and the captains chairs are almost too comfortable. The truck rides nice, and the shocks are the rancho off-roading ones, so they are nice and stiff.

I love this truck. I don't know why anyone would buy a foreign truck such as a Tundra.

You can really tell this truck is built Ford tough. Hope to have her till at least 200k and then pass it down to my son, but who knows, the new 2009 F150s look really nice, I am tempted to go check them out.

Overall, if you're going to buy a truck, consider the F150, the cream of the crop.

Review Date: 1st July, 2009