1994 Geo Tracker 1.6 from North America

Summary:

Watch out for the inside's plastic pieces, they break easily

Interior.

1. Vents on the dashboard have all broken.

2. Automatic gearshift has broken and fallen off.

3. Driver's side mirror just fell out and broke on the ground.

4. Plastic material on the door has bulged up.

5. Trim piece around the radio and A/C controls cracked.

Cooling/heat system fan switch has went out.

Transmission makes whistling noise for no reason.

General Comments:

This car has never left me stranded anywhere and it's always cranked when I've turned the key, but the fact is that the inside of these cars are very cheaply made. I think it's the whole Geo lineup from some of the reviews I've read on this site. Their drivetrain is one of the most dependable I've seen but the inside is another story.

Review Date: 10th September, 2000

19th Jun 2001, 03:13

I think that this car is one of the cutest and best running cars I have had yet! I have a 1991 and it's spiffy - I mean all it needs is a little TLC - it runs much smoother when you fix the exhaust - at least mine does.

However, when I drive in Palm Springs I get scared because the car is so lightweight.

I do wish that I could get another top for my Tracker so it will look nicer and be able to see through the side windows... but overall I have a definite bond with my little roller skate of a car!

1994 Geo Tracker 1.6 from North America

Summary:

Not very secure

Check engine light pops on every other 10,000 miles it seems and there is never nothing wrong with it, they just switch it off.

General Comments:

Not secure, any punk kid with a razor can break into this car.

Really good on the interstate but the gas mileage isn't that good for highway driving.

Review Date: 2nd September, 2000

19th Apr 2003, 12:18

Any soft top car will have the problem of it being easy to break into. Look at the Jeep Wranglers. However, if this was an issue, you probably should have looked into another car :-)

2nd Aug 2003, 12:57

There are three basic rules when you buy any convertible:

One - NEVER leave ANYTHING of any value in the vehicle.

Two - NEVER lock the doors (you're just asking to replace the top when it's cut for access).

Three - ALWAYS use a steering wheel club EVERY time you leave the vehicle (there's no such thing as "I'll only be a minute".)

1994 Geo Tracker 1.6 from North America

Summary:

Attention getter

Battery and a broken door handle.

General Comments:

This is a very dependable vehicle. The only problem I have with mine is that the seats are rather.. uncomfortable for me. No one else seems to have a problem though.

Another thing, this thing seems to get better gas mileage around town than it does on the highway, it seems to have weird gearing.

Review Date: 22nd August, 2000

1994 Geo Tracker 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

A fun, affordable car

Check engine light came on, but nothing seems to be wrong.

Minor things - window roll-up knob came off.

The velcro on the convertible top not very secure. The top flaps in the wind.

General Comments:

Nice car for someone who does not travel a lot (i.e. student, or someone who works close to home).

Review Date: 15th August, 2000

20th Sep 2001, 17:02

The check engine light comes on every 50k miles, all you have to do is, reach under the steering column an flip the reset switch!

1994 Geo Tracker 1.6 from North America

Summary:

One word, reliable!

Nothing, the usual brakes, battery, nothing mechanical.

General Comments:

Great car, always starts no matter what. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Review Date: 28th June, 2000

1994 Geo Tracker 1.6 from North America

The passenger side door handle broke from the inside.

General Comments:

Good truck/car thing.. not so great on gas in my opinion. Very reliable. Kinda slow unless you really gun it. The Geo/Chevy dealership where I do my service is really great also, I never have to wait or anything. I think if I buy another one it will be a 4 door instead of a 2 door convertible.

Review Date: 6th February, 2000