1994 Geo Tracker Reviews - Page 7 of 12

1994 Geo Tracker 1.6 4 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 1.6 4 cylinder Manual
Previous carChevrolet Cavalier

Summary:

Reliable, Fun, Economical Transportation

Nothing so far. Replaced the top, it was the original (6yrs old).

Replaced the brakes at 68,000.

General Comments:

Fun car to drive.

It seems to be geared a little low. It shifts like a school bus.

The brakes always squeak for the first few miles of every trip.

It seems to be reliable and starts every time without hesitation.

It's an attention getter and is fun to drive with the top off.

Gets good gas mileage, but could use a larger tank. 11 gallon isn't enough for long trips.

It's cheap, reliable, and fun to drive and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a compact and fun vehicle.

Review Date: 13th July, 2002

1994 Geo Tracker 4 cylinder from North America

First year of ownership1999
Engine and transmission 4 cylinder Automatic

Summary:

A very good buy, as long as you are not going to street race!

It was a soft top and the zipper in the the back window got stuck which ripped the thread, but some fishing line fixed that.

Had to replace a gasket which caused the transmission to slip.

It didn't have much get-up-and-go.

It wasn't very good on gas.

The "Check Engine" light came on at about 100,000 miles and didn't go off.

General Comments:

It was 4-wheel drive and would go anywhere.

I ran it pretty hard, and up until I wrecked, it still ran good.

It was small and could turn on a dime so you could park or turn anywhere.

Review Date: 28th June, 2002

1994 Geo Tracker from North America

Engine and transmission Manual
Previous carChevrolet Beretta

Summary:

Great vehicle if it's not a rag top

I've had some stuttering engine problems, however, that has been fixed with a fuel filter change and running fuel injection cleaner in the tank.

General Comments:

My tracker is a rag top (BIG mistake) ; any idea where I can get a hard top or if I can, in fact, put a hard top on the vehicle? It have been burglarized 3 times in the last 3 months and it's time to fix the problem. Other than that, I LOVE the car.

Review Date: 8th May, 2002

10th Dec 2002, 12:49

With your problems with the "rag" top on your Tracker I was wondering if you have replaced the top with a new rag top? I am about to purchase one and was looking for advice. There seems to be many to choose from and I am sure there are different qualities.

Rgithens@cfbiggs.com.

Thanks for any info.

29th Mar 2006, 10:00

I bought a 96 tracker used a year ago and I love it. The problem is that it has been broken into about 10 times. I started keeping nothing in it, but because the window has been improperly popped out, it won't stay in correctly any more. This car has been well worth the money I have put into it, and I am hoping having to purchase a hard top (which costs as much as the car) will not make it a bad investment over all.

20th Jun 2006, 21:45

I've had my 94 tracker for 4 years now. I've had to do almost nothing to it, it's been an awesome car. Funny everyone talking about them getting broken into, mine has been twice. Even when my hard top was on. The doors are made of very thin metal. So if you buy one just don't keep anything in it.

Gary.

1st Jul 2006, 14:44

Every time I turn around my alternator is going out on my Geo. I have had to replace twice in the last 3 mos. Anyone else have this problem and a solution please help. Word to the wise Trackers are more trouble than they are worth don't buy one.

13th Nov 2008, 22:55

I have a 1997 Tracker. I am from Mexico, and, as all of you, I am trying to find a hard top for my Tracker too. I found a man that fabricates it, he told me that he has two kind of hardtops and their costs are 8000 pesos (650 dollars) and 12000 pesos (950 dollars). He will send me more information and some photos, so I can see the differences between them, as soon as he do so, I will share that information with you, and maybe even when you have to import it, you pay less, we'll see.