1994 Geo Tracker LSi 1.6 from North America

Summary:

The best entry-level S.U.V on the market

Horn had to be replaced.

Front exhaust component from the engine to the catalytic converter.

General Comments:

This is the second Geo model I have owned. Buying a used car is always risky business, however my Geo's have been more reliable than some of my friend's brand new cars. For example, my friend's Neon transmission had to replaced after one year of use.

I have absolutely no regrets about buying this vehicle. Excellent quality for an entry-level S.U.V.

Some interior components seem brittle, so I am careful and have not had a problem yet.

Review Date: 6th June, 2001

1994 Geo Tracker 1.6 from North America

Summary:

One problem

Idle problems, it just idles irregularly and no one knows why, it doesn't cut off or anything, it just idles funny.

The car seems to have some sort of shake or something when you are stopped at red lights. Comment if you have an idea!

General Comments:

Very good.

Review Date: 24th May, 2001

20th Sep 2001, 16:42

Have you had the catalytic converter checked? it may be stopped up!

28th Sep 2001, 12:46

Mine did the same thing until I replaced the fuel filter. Now runs smooth.

30th Dec 2003, 00:55

My 94 idled rough. Had engine checked was informed piston compression rings bad. Owned since it was new, changed oil reg. at 3000 miles. Now has 101,000 and needs an engine. Has anyone else had such a problem?

15th Jan 2009, 15:56

Haha, yeah mine does the same thing, and my clutch cable has broken 4 times now. Good vehicle, cheaply made.

Have the rings and pistons replaced.

1994 Geo Tracker LSi 1.6 from North America

Summary:

Worth the hassle that it may bring

Interior design is very easily breakable.

Convertible top is starting to wear, and the back window and zipper are broken.

Brake light switch went at 120,000.

Exhaust twice replaced.

General Comments:

Great reliability and no major mechanical problems.

Kinda slow and choppy, but good enough through the snow.

A lot of fun to drive, especiallly with the top off in summer.

Review Date: 9th May, 2001

1st Aug 2001, 22:30

At 120K miles a brake light switch is not too bad...Great vehicle.

29th Sep 2001, 09:39

At 128000 miles the brake light switch went bad. Trying to find on the Internet how to fix it..

1994 Geo Tracker 1.6 from North America

Summary:

Very reliable and cute!

Front brakes pads replaced.

Radiator (warranty replaced this).

General Comments:

Very reliable vehicle, never left me stranded. I've been all over the country with this vehicle and nothing has ever happened.

The A/C will freeze you out of there.

The sound system is excellent for a stock sound system.

Now for the bad (LOL), the ride is harsh most of the time, and you have no security - mine was broken into several times, all they need is a razor and they're in.

Parts are VERY expensive for this vehicle, I don't know why because I thought Geo's were supposed to be cheap to maintain. The radiator was going to cost me 650.00, thank god I had a factory warranty.

I also find the the trim on this car to be cheaply made or maybe it was the Florida sun that did it?

I've also had some problems with the front tire going flat constantly, of course that's the tires fault, not the vehicles.

Overall I rate this car a 9 out of 10, very reliable.

Review Date: 30th April, 2001

1994 Geo Tracker LSi 1.6 from North America

Summary:

Sporty little truck

1) Idle problems from the first day I've had it, it just idles irregularly and no one knows why, it doesnt cut off or anything, it just idles funny.

2) Front tire continues to go flat even after having the tires changed.

3) Radiator busted (covered by the warranty).

4) Front brakes.

5) Spare tire cover decal peeling off.

6) Splash decals on side of vehicle bubbling and peeling.

7) Ashtray bolt broke off causing ashtray to slip out of its bracket.

8) Rear tailgate rattles constantly.

General Comments:

I like the truck/car, but it has certain things: First it rides like a grocery cart, and between the wind noise and the rattles, it's hard to even hear the stereo.

I do like the car though, I just wish I could have gotten a four door model instead.

Another thing is you can't find parts for the thing, and as you see lots on the road, you would think there would be more parts available.

Review Date: 6th February, 2001