1994 Geo Tracker Sport 1.6 litre from North America

The tail light has burned out once!

General Comments:

I have 55,000 miles and I haven't even had a problem yet. I know several other people that have these things and they all love them. I have heard the engine will last forever.

Review Date: 1st December, 1999

1994 Geo Tracker 1.6 from North America

The car seems to have some sort of shake or something when you are stopped at red lights. It's blown more than average headlights and tail lights. Nothing serious yet.

General Comments:

I love the car, it only has 2 bad things about it in my opinion. First off it can be broken into with just a razor, I know for a fact because mine has been broken into several times. Second it's very underpowered - it's hard to keep up with traffic with the a/c on. I do however love the oversized radio in it because it has options you don't see with many cassette players. The convertible top is great fun too. It's an alright car just needs more power.

Review Date: 3rd October, 1999

6th Mar 2005, 06:53

My geo shakes when stop at lights too, what could be the problem? I am looking for a new top, but don't know where to find it.

Jam_toy@yahoo.com.

1994 Geo Tracker Sport 2 dr 1.6 from North America

Passenger door handle broke.

General Comments:

It seems never to want to go into reverse, and it's been broken into twice already. I just leave the doors unlocked cause what's the point of locking them. It's a 5 speed..

Review Date: 7th August, 1999

26th Nov 2001, 18:06

As far as the reverse thing goes, if you're parking, turn the engine off first then put in reverse, the gears and cogs or whatever you call them have to have time to line up or they will scrape and be difficult... try it, I did and it works!

10th Dec 2001, 11:28

I have a 92 Tracker with the same motor and 5 speed, & I had the same problem. I fixed the problem by adjusting the clutch pedal cable through trial & error testing until the transmission would go into reverse easily.

13th Jul 2002, 22:32

I own a 94 tracker and have the same reverse problem. I just put it into neutral and let out the clutch and then press the clutch in and put it into gear. Works every time. It also has a problem going into 1st sometimes when stoping at a light. I use the same steps to get it into gear.

31st Jul 2004, 02:46

I am not real familiar with the trackers transmission gut I know that if it uses synchros they sometimes will stop you from shifting into 1st or reverse while moving. And in the case of reverse you may need to shake the gear shift in neutral before going into reverse. kind of a safe guard against grinding your gears too hard.

15th Apr 2009, 18:22

Agreed. Won't shift ---> clutch out, back in, into gear!