2001 Honda Accord Reviews - Page 2 of 15

2001 Honda Accord LX 2.4 I4 from Mexico

Model year2001
Engine and transmission 2.4 I4 Automatic
Previous carNissan Sentra

Summary:

The perfect family car

Temp bulb gone at 130,000 km.

Otherwise, nothing.

General Comments:

I bought this car mainly based on the outstanding reputation of the model. And it has never let me down.

Tough - it has marks, nicks and tucks from everyday use, and 3 teenager sons, but works perfectly until this day, and more than 140,000 km.

The engine is very dependable, and if I keep taking care of it, I think it will run until the Judgment day. Never touched it.

It runs smoothly on highway, and it's almost as economic as a Civic. Not a V8, but is soft and moves the big car well enough.

The interior is pretty good, even with my 4 year old niece pouring ice cream on it. Not like new, but looks and feels reasonably well.

Brakes could be a bit better, but I don't think it's a problem.

Some year ago the temp bulb broke and the temp clock marked hot. Luckily I saw it soon, and the engine was not damaged. Repaired it (in an independent garage), no problemo.

One word about the dealer in my city. They seem to have a very few scruples, as they tried to frame a friend of mine with her 2007 Civic; they told her that the rattling sound in the suspension system came from the steering system, -and some other little things-, and concluded that the car needed a $2300 brand new steering system. Went to an independent garage, and the engine support system was worn out, an $150 fix.

And that wasn't an isolated story.

Too bad for the Honda dealership in my country, they had such an excellent reputation.

Anyway, this is the perfect family car. At least, it has been so for us, and for less than US$8,000.

Review Date: 2nd March, 2011

2001 Honda Accord V6 - EX 3.0 VTEC from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0 VTEC Automatic
Previous carToyota Tercel

Summary:

A good car with a bad transmission - expensive for what it truly is

- Transmission slips every so often, and it will cost $3000 to replace.

- Check engine light came on twice due to emission related issues.

- Axles and some parts of the power steering were replaced around 90k.

General Comments:

I like the way the car drives and handles. Besides, I like the interior space and of course V6 engine. However, the transmission totally sucks, and Honda should have recalled all these V6 Accords, and just replace their transmission.

There is no way my next car will be a Honda. I would rather buy an American car instead of dealing with a major problem like the transmission.

Review Date: 1st February, 2011

4th Feb 2011, 00:17

Learn to drive stick, and then you'll be out of the misery. Once you do, you'll wonder why you ever bothered with anemic slush-boxes.

2001 Honda Accord Value Package 2.3 4 cylinder from North America

Model year2001
Engine and transmission 2.3 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carSaturn SL

Summary:

Awesome value, good honest transportation

I had the O2 sensor replaced at 110000 miles.

The windshield was replaced, and the rear view mirror falls off every so often.

Headlight bulbs need replacement every 40k or so.

Really, nothing goes wrong with this car, I love it!

General Comments:

This car has the personality of a rusty hammer. Nobody would ever want to steal it, so I guess that's a good thing!

For the last 171000 miles and counting, I put the key in, keep up on the scheduled maintenance, and it keeps going and going. I hope to keep driving it to the point where the doors literally fall off and I have to scrap it. That should be in about 6-10 years, with any luck.

I would highly recommend this car to anyone!

Review Date: 30th January, 2011

2001 Honda Accord EX V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Definitely will buy another Accord

First tranny went at 170000km. Bought a used one with 15000km on it. She lasted almost 300000km. And my Accord is a TAXI! In February 2010 installed another transmission, and this one is not good at all. But when you buy used - you don't know what you get.

Besides normal wear with taxi business, didn't have any major problems.

The engine runs like a charm, and it doesn't burn any oil! I add a litre between oil changes that I do every 5000km.

General Comments:

I installed an aftermarket air intake, and that addressed the issue of lacking power at lower RPM. And it never hurt fuel economy. I'm getting about 13 to 13.5 liters to 100km in city driving. During winter time the car takes 15 liters.

Never had any problems with sunroof or rattles in the body. People who ride in my car don't believe that it has almost half a million km!!! She rides like new!

Review Date: 23rd November, 2010