1994 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4.0 from North America

Summary:

Problems that the corporation should fix

Right now my ignition switch is messed up.

My drivers door latch is broke; I had to come up with another way to shut it, so I would be safe.

Also, my front passenger brake caliper keeps on sticking; I have to change it every year.

Review Date: 18th July, 2007

1994 Jeep Cherokee SE 4.0 liter from North America

Summary:

Fantastic

Replaced water pump and serpentine belt.

General Comments:

Tough as hell. I've never been stuck in the mountains. and it really is very dependable. just wish it handled a fraction better. but I love it!!

Review Date: 17th June, 2007

1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4 litre V6 engine from North America

Summary:

Comfortable and fun to drive, but can get costly

I Had to change thermostat when I first got it.

Air conditioning works, but makes the car over heat.

Windshield washer fluid light is continuously on, no matter what the level is.

Blower fuse for heat/air conditioning went out.

Drivers side mirror cracked.

All back end lights went out, some fuse I forgot the name of.

One of the rods that holds the trunk open, nut came off the screw and the only way to put it back together would be to take off the plastic and cut open a hole because its unreachable.

Drivers side front axle broke off of bracket and had to get welded back on.

Back brakes are odd, when coming to a complete stop, will make a noise and when starting off again, will release and "wiggle" the car a little bit, making that same sound again.

Removable cup holder broke.

Battery died out of no where.

Sometimes has trouble starting. Something with the drive shaft. Will have to jiggle the shaft in either park or neutral to get it started. Sometimes, leaving me to jiggle the shaft back and forth from park and neutral for up to 15 minutes or until I give up and try again at a later time.

General Comments:

Comfortable car and fun to drive. It handles pretty well and turns nicely, but not the fastest. It is top heavy, and it seemed at one point that I was going to tip after a sharp turn. At first, I thought the ride was a little bumpy, but got use to it rather quickly. Other than the removable cup holder (which I hate and have had more spills because it falls out of place), interior is nice. I have over-sized tires, but gas mileage isn't the worst. With 4 wheel drive, its great in the snow, have never gotten stuck. Being from isolated upstate NY, it's pretty good on the back, dirt roads, but I hit a good sized pot hole a little faster then I would have liked and it broke my axle. The straight 6 has good take off and I can pull a fair amount of weight.

Review Date: 30th October, 2006

15th Apr 2013, 08:53

The starting issue is your neutral safety switch; it corrodes over time. It's a simple fix, but kind of tough to get it off. When you get it off, you open it up, clean it out with carb cleaner, then give a nice coat of dielectric grease, then put it back together and you're good to go.

1994 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Litre High Output from North America

Summary:

Hot damn its great

The only problems that I have found on my Jeep are.

The alternator seizing at around 200000 miles, but hey not a big deal.

General Comments:

My general thought of my car is...

I really like how it handles.

The get up and go.

How great it handles in the snow when the tires are almost bald.

Review Date: 15th August, 2006

1994 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4.0 litre petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Nice powerful car

Had a problem where the engine would cut off completely, or it would feel as if the engine was misfiring at any time, whilst travelling at any speed.

Obviously this can be very dangerous as you lose power steering, and I had a few nervous moments.

Usually the car would re-start, but one morning on the way to work it would not. It was delivered to my local main dealer as I thought one of the components, possibly electrical, was breaking up and would need replacing.

The cause was traced to a loose connection at the (power-train control module). This is basically a circuit board with one plug in connector which has about 20 connection holes, and corresponding pins on the board, with one bolt holding the two together. When this was cleaned and re-fitted securely by me, the problem seems to have been sorted.

Apparently if this connection comes loose, just driving over bumps or closing the bonnet can make the engine cut off.

General Comments:

This car is comfortable.

Handles well.

Is cheaper to run than expected.

Review Date: 16th July, 2006